Should I pull the trigger on this (non-melodrama thread)

Sarcasmo said:
Oh. I just assumed mattress stores = sleep whenever you want.

I mean, the scenario you've laid out would be like working in a brothel and never getting laid. :(
Bingo, and imagine, bad weather when people don't want to be out buying beds.. I'd be in that shop 10 hours (open 10 - 8) and not see a single human being, and the phone would ring maybe 3 times. (For marketing purposes we'd have to track walk ins and phone calls) Around Christmas time, I'd go 3 days without seeing a single person.

It felt like death.

SpangeMonkee said:
if you look at consumer reports rating of car longevity, the top 10 are foreign cars. period.

Consumer reports also says that Apple has one of the highest customer satisifaction ratings in the industry. And yet you say they are crap.

smileynev said:
Consumer reports also says that Apple has one of the highest customer satisifaction ratings in the industry. And yet you say they are crap.
Some people are just content buying crap. Then again, since you really can't mod an Apple, it's geared toward the less techie crowd.. .Further, due to the prices, one could imagine that the target audience is less techie folks with more disposable income... therefore they attribute their broken machines to their own lack of knowledge, and have no issues replacing stuff.

The docs here buy Apple stuff, and they don't know how to use it. One of the docs bought the most expensive Apple desktop there was, and it's still in the box because he admits that he doesn't know how to use it, but that didn't keep him from spending another 3900 on an Apple laptop.

zengirl said:
Some people are just content buying crap. Then again, since you really can't mod an Apple, it's geared toward the less techie crowd.. .Further, due to the prices, one could imagine that the target audience is less techie folks with more disposable income... therefore they attribute their broken machines to their own lack of knowledge, and have no issues replacing stuff.

The docs here buy Apple stuff, and they don't know how to use it. One of the docs bought the most expensive Apple desktop there was, and it's still in the box because he admits that he doesn't know how to use it, but that didn't keep him from spending another 3900 on an Apple laptop.

Ryan, you have your own account here now.

zengirl said:

Or maybe people who like the interface and ease of use like to buy them.

smileynev said:
Or maybe people who like the interface and ease of use like to buy them.
I'm really not knocking Apple, all I ever used was Apple and Mac until about 5 years ago. Mostly, I do like Apple better, but it's just too expensive for me.

zengirl said:
I'm really not knocking Apple, all I ever used was Apple and Mac until about 5 years ago. Mostly, I do like Apple better, but it's just too expensive for me.

too expensive is right. But their consumer laptops are well priced and the mini is a cheap little system

zengirl said:
Ryan wants an Apple. :eek: He does graphic art and stuff, I guess the rendering or something goes faster on an Apple or something.

Long hair....
Wannabe mac user....
Has cats.....

yeah, ummmm. Have you two...ya know...consumated the relationship?

Ever since I learned that Apples can interface with alien motherships I've really wanted one. You know, just in case.

Sarcasmo said:
Ever since I learned that Apples can interface with alien motherships I've really wanted one. You know, just in case.

SCSI > *

smileynev said:
Long hair....
Wannabe mac user....
Has cats.....

yeah, ummmm. Have you two...ya know...consumated the relationship?
No, we're waiting untill we're married... why? :confused: