Halp Should I jump on this?

Who's bashing?

He asked if he should buy a gaming PC, I argued that no, he shouldn't. Then I gave an entirely viable alternative that costs HALF. AS. MUCH.

I'm not asking IF I should buy a PC. I'm asking if these components are worth getting or if there's something else (component wise) that works better for around the price. The question of buying a PC was answered before I made the thread.

Let me rephrase. I SUCK AT PLAYING FPS ON A CONSOLE, I JUST CAN'T USE CONTROLLERS. I NEED WASD + MOUSE TO BE EVEN REMOTELY COMPETENT. IT'S NO FUN WHEN I CAN'T EVER GET ANY BETTER.

Again, this is a matter of even playing field.

You think that you're going to be terrible using a controller and that you won't be able to keep up. What you need to remember is that everyone you will be playing with is using the same interface. You aren't at any disadvantage. You're natural game-playing abilities carry across at the same level because all of your competition is having to play the exact same way.

Again, this is a matter of even playing field.

You think that you're going to be terrible using a controller and that you won't be able to keep up. What you need to remember is that everyone you will be playing with is using the same interface. You aren't at any disadvantage. You're natural game-playing abilities carry across at the same level because all of your competition is having to play the exact same way.

Um...then can you explain why I get my ass handed to me everytime I play BF3 on the XBox, and I can never ever get remotely accurrate, let alone do anything with a minute sense of accurracy? I am at a disadvantage because I can't use a controller accurately. So going from CAL-I in PC FPS, to constantly grenading myself, is not my abilities carrying across. :lol:

I'm not asking IF I should buy a PC. I'm asking if these components are worth getting or if there's something else (component wise) that works better for around the price. The question of buying a PC was answered before I made the thread.

Ok, I'll answer that question then: No, don't buy that PC. Gut out what you have until November when the XB1 is released and (if you absolutely can't handle playing on a console) buy a PC then so that you'll be able to play the next-gen games. Buying a new PC NOW is a total waste of money, you'll just have to upgrade it, probably with a several hundred dollar GPU.

Ok, I'll answer that question then: No, don't buy that PC. Gut out what you have until November when the XB1 is released and (if you absolutely can't handle playing on a console) buy a PC then so that you'll be able to play the next-gen games. Buying a new PC NOW is a total waste of money, you'll just have to upgrade it, probably with a several hundred dollar GPU.

Don't buy that PC? Ok, following what I said in the thread, what components should I get then? I can barely play FB games on my current one as it is.

What computer parts are coming out that I should wait for?

I have no idea, I don't track that shit any more (because I play on consoles, LOLOLLLOLOL). But you should buy whatever the best rig you can afford is when the PS4/XB1 are released.

I think he is saying you should wait for some games that will launch with the new consoles, then make sure your PC matches the specs for the PC versions. But I might be way off

He's telling me to get a console only.

I'm telling him that before I even made this thread, that wasn't an option. X-box1 requires use of resources that other family members would need. PC doesn't. Therefore, just saying get a console is not the point of this thread. It also puts an assumption that an Xbox1 isn't already in the plans later on anyways.