Halp Should I jump on this?

yep, thats correct. Full retard.

Thanks for acknowledging it yourself.

Bad Company 2 was the most recent Battlefield game prior to 3.

I've played every one in the series. The most recent games have ALL been console developed, then ported.

Last edited:

nice google-fu. and, as I pointed out, this why the PC versions suffer. they have to make allowances for consoles that they otherwise wouldn't have to

"In the case of the PS3... I understand that if you compare it to a high-end PC, it's not going to look as good."

yet when you look at the multiplayer options and realize that the larger maps which are the hallmark of the game are in some cases only available to play properly on the PC version you can't claim that it's a PC "port". it was designed from the very beginning as a PC game and then for marketing reasons had to drop standards so they could make the console release dates

ultimately it's still about personal preference and I simply won't buy a console FPS. there is zero enjoyment from it. on the other side of it, I won't buy a PC racing game not just because the controller is better for those (though I do have a nice game pad that makes that point moot) but racing games are far more enjoyable when on the couch with a friend. FPS, not so much, I wouldn't enjoy playing tf2 or any other twitchy while split screening with someone else.

i like how my brain (probably intentionally) left out BF2142.

I was a private beta tester on that, and it was buggy as shit. We pointed out all the bugs, they were promptly ignored by EA, and EA shipped it in the same state it was in during alpha. That permanently soured my like/dislike of it.

nice google-fu. and, as I pointed out, this why the PC versions suffer. they have to make allowances for consoles that they otherwise wouldn't have to

"In the case of the PS3... I understand that if you compare it to a high-end PC, it's not going to look as good."

yet when you look at the multiplayer options and realize that the larger maps which are the hallmark of the game are in some cases only available to play properly on the PC version you can't claim that it's a PC "port". it was designed from the very beginning as a PC game and then for marketing reasons had to drop standards so they could make the console release dates

ultimately it's still about personal preference and I simply won't buy a console FPS. there is zero enjoyment from it. on the other side of it, I won't buy a PC racing game not just because the controller is better for those (though I do have a nice game pad that makes that point moot) but racing games are far more enjoyable when on the couch with a friend. FPS, not so much, I wouldn't enjoy playing tf2 or any other twitchy while split screening with someone else.

Honestly, BF3 is the best looking PC game ive seen to date. And the controls arent consoley at all. Its not a port. Its an example (along with The Witcher) of how dual-development can actually work

I was a private beta tester on that, and it was buggy as shit. We pointed out all the bugs, they were promptly ignored by EA, and EA shipped it in the same state it was in during alpha. That permanently soured my like/dislike of it.

the guns never felt right

but I was a god when it came to sniping with the hovertank

I remember the shit frenzies that were had when someone moved the titans and the pings would skyrocket :lol:

Definitely. I'll be running it past the wife tonight, and will let you know.

Up to you - it's really your call if you want to build your own vs have one mostly done for you. Don't care at all one way or another really.

(aren't I the most wonderful wife in the world?)

He accounted for you buying a used 360 in that budget, so you can put that money towards your Dell

/stirs
Why would we need to buy a used 360?

That wasn't google-fu. I specifically remember being upset that the PC wasn't going to be the focus. And you're glossing over my original point.

Oh I loved me some 2142. Titan mode ftw.

That wasn't google-fu. I specifically remember being upset that the PC wasn't going to be the focus. And you're glossing over my original point.

I don't remember what the original point was anymore :(

im going to bed, please feel free to leave stuff for me to argue about when I get to work in the morning :heart:

rrs0reZ.jpg

And a $100 + shipping deal is too good to pass up. Seeing as how a comparable case is $70 worst case scenario is I can put all new components into the case with PSU and still be better off on parts (if I felt the absolute need to upgrade items)