Halp Should I jump on this?

I have a barely used (literally less than 100 hours) i7 PC I have no use for. My dad built it and it had some stability issues related to memory compatibility. He bought a laptop so he didn't care when I figured out the issue. I swapped a an extra stick of generic ram into it and all the issues went away.

Complete minus the HDD. If you're interested I'll post the specs. $100+ shipping takes it.

Yes please.

Yes please.

Clipped from the newegg email my dad sent me. I also have a stock never used Intel HSF from a C2Q.

11-129-070CASE ANTEC| TWO HUNDRED RT

13-188-055MB EVGA 132-LF-E655-KR P55 1156 RT
14-130-433VGA EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GTX260 RT
17-341-003PSU OCZ|OCZ850GXSSLI RTL
19-115-214CPU INTEL|CORE I7 860 2.8G R
20-146-868MEM 2Gx2|MUSHKIN 996652 R

27-106-335DVD BURNER LITE-ON | IHAS424-98 R

35-200-053CPU COOL ROSEWILL|RCX-SHDT120X1 R

If the case wasn't falling apart, it would be a $900 machine. I could save another $120 and drop down to 16GB of Memory. So if I really want to save money right now, I guess I could use the beat up case thus making this a $780 machine. Would that be more justifiable in your eyes?

Hey man, its up to you, just trying to present an alternative. If being able to run super, awesome, maximum settings in games for six to nine months is worth $500, then go for it! I wouldn't, but that doesn't mean that you can't.

I guess that's the difference. I just don't give a shit about the highest settings. Certainly not enough to spend twice the amount of money on it. That seems wasteful to me. Hell, most of the time its the same damn graphics that they used for the xbox/ps before porting it to the PC...

understandable, it's a priority thing

to me playing video games with my friends is something worth spending a decent amount of money on. it's more fun and I get to enjoy the work that the developers put into it far more with a powerful machine. considering most of my friends live nowhere near me (and I'm speaking as if I was back in chicago, not out here) then I want to make the time I spend playing with them more enjoyable. not having to sacrifice aesthetics for FPS is worth the expenditure. I don't have too many other leisure activities that cost a lot of money so why not?

I don't believe that's how the games are developed these days. they're not ported but rather built across all three platforms at the same time. they also have far more options in graphics on the PC end of things than with the consoles because they can design for better GPUs

Last edited:
^^ that is a hell of a deal for 100 bucks (+50 in shipping min)

The gpu will need to be upgraded though.

understandable, it's a priority thing

to me playing video games with my friends is something worth spending a decent amount of money on. it's more fun and I get to enjoy the work that the developers put into it far more with a powerful machine

I don't believe that's how the games are developed these days. they're not ported but rather built across all three platforms at the same time. they also have far more options in graphics on the PC end of things than with the consoles because they can design for better GPUs

It seems many are built primarily with console in mind and PC an afterthought. That was the huge complaint about games like BF3 and Skyrim. I can only assume that most other big titles are done that way as well. Everyone gets the same shit. If dev cycles happen to allow it, they'll go back and redesign the HUD and/or graphics for the PC.

If coqui doesn't, I will.
Good deal, I'll let you know.
^^ that is a hell of a deal for 100 bucks (+50 in shipping min)

The gpu will need to be upgraded though.
Yep. It was given to me and since my tech needs are satisfied I'm all good. I used it for a while and it was pretty snappy, I just don't have space for a desk computer anymore. Laptops only for the time being.

I tried to sell it for $200 for a long time and couldn't get any bites.

It seems many are built primarily with console in mind and PC an afterthought. That was the huge complaint about games like BF3 and Skyrim. I can only assume that most other big titles are done that way as well. Everyone gets the same shit. If dev cycles happen to allow it, they'll go back and redesign the HUD and/or graphics for the PC.

that may have been a complaint about skyrim - I genuinely don't know - but it's the exact opposite for BF3. it's main focus was always the PC market. portal 2 was much the same way, the consoles were an afterthought but the decisions made to support it took away from the PC version, yet the PC still drove the design philosophy

I think it depends on the type of game but personally I most of the games I prefer to play are FPS of some form or another, something that I just can't have fun with on a console. it's why I never got into halo much.

they don't all get the same shit, dude.

that may have been a complaint about skyrim - I genuinely don't know - but it's the exact opposite for BF3. it's main focus was always the PC market. portal 2 was much the same way, the consoles were an afterthought but the decisions made to support it took away from the PC version, yet the PC still drove the design philosophy

I think it depends on the type of game but personally I most of the games I prefer to play are FPS of some form or another, something that I just can't have fun with on a console. it's why I never got into halo much.

I played a ton of halo1 on xbox. But it was for the "community". I lived with 8 guys at that point (no homo) and there were at least three xboxes in the place and we would have 16 player CTF games almost every night. I have some awesome blood gultch memories of shouting across the room at people when they killed you, or suite wide cheers when the flag got capped

it was indeed fun with other people in the same room, but I was terrible at it when not using a vehicle. it's a fun game but I couldn't get into it outside of communal playing

They put so much effort into the PC version of BF3 because of how terrible their previous Battlefield ports were. They basically just took Bad Company 2 Xbox version, gave it mouse control and set keyboard keys, then shipped it.

it was indeed fun with other people in the same room, but I was terrible at it when not using a vehicle. it's a fun game but I couldn't get into it outside of communal playing

I actally got pretty good with the pistol. Teleport to the middle as the opposite team does the same, whoever has better aim win as doubletaps from a distance to the head were crazy accurate with that thing. Was decent with a sniper too.

They put so much effort into the PC version of BF3 because of how terrible their previous Battlefield ports were. They basically just took Bad Company 2 Xbox version, gave it mouse control and set keyboard keys, then shipped it.

the fact that you didnt acknowledge bf1942, bf-vietnam, desert combat, or bf2 makes me doubt your credibility. They were all pc, and just pc. Bad company is not battlefield.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...latform-switched-to-consoles-mid-development/