Should I do it?

taeric said:
I would say do it simply because (or if) you want to. Otherwise the implication is that if you have pride in your body, you will do this. I know plenty of people that have pride in their bodies that don't want to pose nude.
no no that's not what I meant. I didn't mean to imply that being proud of your body automatically predisposes you to posing nude, however, being proud of your body certainly does eliminate the whole shame factor in being naked so it's not such a big deal. The people who make a big deal about being naked are the ones who still find shame in nudity.

zengirl said:
:lol: SchmilK made a gif out of one of them

QUOTE]:lol: I can't even fathom what you must have been thinking when you were doing this.

zengirl said:
no no that's not what I meant. I didn't mean to imply that being proud of your body automatically predisposes you to posing nude, however, being proud of your body certainly does eliminate the whole shame factor in being naked so it's not such a big deal. The people who make a big deal about being naked are the ones who still find shame in nudity.

While I see and understand what you are saying, I am fighting the fact that I don't particularly approve of nudity. :) If I could think of the ways of expressing what I mean, I would do it.

Unfortunately, all I can say is that it seems like we agree, and I'm cool with that. :)

theacoustician said:
:lol: I can't even fathom what you must have been thinking when you were doing this.
There was music playing and I was dancing. I'm really quite a big goofball in person. Here it is 3 years later and people are still laughing at it, I done good!!

taeric said:
While I see and understand what you are saying, I am fighting the fact that I don't particularly approve of nudity. :) If I could think of the ways of expressing what I mean, I would do it.

Unfortunately, all I can say is that it seems like we agree, and I'm cool with that. :)
I'm not trying to be a jerk, just really wondering why you don't approve of nudity?

zengirl said:
I'm not trying to be a jerk, just really wondering why you don't approve of nudity?

I probably worded that wrong. It isn't so much that I disapprove of others getting nude. Rather, it is that I wouldn't want to be photographed nude anywhere. By the same token, I wouldn't want to be photographed in a dress either. :)

As far as others go... I will say that in most of today's society it is definitely an indicator of something else. Is it always correct? Of course not. But it still casts suspicions. If that makes any sense. That being said, part of life is learning to enjoy being wrong. Sometimes the joy of getting to know someone stems from the fact that they completely defy all of the stereotypes you thought they were in.

theacoustician said:
To me, stripping isn't really the problem, but more of a possibly warning flag. Most strippers I've met are more than a little screwy in the head. This isn't to say they're all head cases or bad people though.

I've dated four of them, and two of those I screwed like a crazed bunny. (I went through a stripper phase) All of them were just...different. 1 was nuts, had a cocaine habit, and carried silicone testicles in her pocket for some reason. Who knows. But she was amazing in bed, so we stuck together for about 2 months before I gave up.

The others were sane but pretty brash and very sexually oriented and open. The way they talked, joked around, critiqued other people... I think all of them were bisexual, too. And expensive. They loved going out and that's very hard on a working man's bottom line. I don't know. It was fun for a while, and sometimes I miss the sheer physical side of it.

But mostly it was just a phase for thrills. It is what it is. They're strippers, after all, so they're used to performing and entertaining and if you want a good wild ride, go for it. My only issue was trust. Not jealousy, just trust. I have a hard time knowing when a salesperson is being genuine. I usually assume they're b.s.'ing me at all times, and that makes it hard to be around them for any amount of time. And strippers are salespeople, make no mistake.

there is absolutely nothing shameful about being nude. that is absolutely not the point i'm trying to make. think of all the art that has nude men and women in it. that is typically not seen as crude nor shameful. neither is the fact that men and women pose nude for artists to sketch them. spange has come home with many a nude drawings (really good ones, i might add,) and i'm impressed by his abilities, but also by the fact that the models chosen were not picture perfect.
and that's part of why i don't necessarily support the whole nude magazines thing. i don't make a big deal about it, but when thinking about what i would do, i realize that while i would certainly pose for a genuine artist, as flawful as i am, i would never pose for playboy. it is used very differently than nude art. and i realize that someone's going to argue that playboy is art, but i choose to disagree. the majority of people reaching for a playboy aren't interested in viewing the girls as art.
then you have to factor in the girls chosen to be nudes. they all look the same, and then they're airbrushed and picked at to be ready for the magazine's selling point.

and i am all for women, anyone, doing what makes them happy. i'm not saying you have to live your life for others at all. i am just trying to say that i try to live my life without regret, and i therefore make decisions very carefully to try to avoid regret. in my personal situation, i would never choose to pose for playboy because i consider my family, future or otherwise, first. however, i would not object to being drawn nude as art and worrying about my children's responses. i would tend to think that their response to me being in playboy vs. me being an art model would be quite different.

Thorn Bird said:
there is absolutely nothing shameful about being nude. that is absolutely not the point i'm trying to make. think of all the art that has nude men and women in it. that is typically not seen as crude nor shameful. neither is the fact that men and women pose nude for artists to sketch them. spange has come home with many a nude drawings (really good ones, i might add,) and i'm impressed by his abilities, but also by the fact that the models chosen were not picture perfect.
and that's part of why i don't necessarily support the whole nude magazines thing. i don't make a big deal about it, but when thinking about what i would do, i realize that while i would certainly pose for a genuine artist, as flawful as i am, i would never pose for playboy. it is used very differently than nude art. and i realize that someone's going to argue that playboy is art, but i choose to disagree. the majority of people reaching for a playboy aren't interested in viewing the girls as art.
then you have to factor in the girls chosen to be nudes. they all look the same, and then they're airbrushed and picked at to be ready for the magazine's selling point.

and i am all for women, anyone, doing what makes them happy. i'm not saying you have to live your life for others at all. i am just trying to say that i try to live my life without regret, and i therefore make decisions very carefully to try to avoid regret. in my personal situation, i would never choose to pose for playboy because i consider my family, future or otherwise, first. however, i would not object to being drawn nude as art and worrying about my children's responses. i would tend to think that their response to me being in playboy vs. me being an art model would be quite different.
:heart:

very good points you've made.

I can't say that I've ever read a playboy, so I dunno what the pictures are like. I have seen a Penthouse, and that was pretty smutty. I mean lets face it, they aren't promoting the body, they're promoting sex. Maybe it isn't the fact that girls are naked in these magazines, but that they're depicted in a very sexual way, and indiscriminate sex is even more taboo than nudity.

zengirl said:
:heart:

very good points you've made.

I can't say that I've ever read a playboy, so I dunno what the pictures are like. I have seen a Penthouse, and that was pretty smutty. I mean lets face it, they aren't promoting the body, they're promoting sex. Maybe it isn't the fact that girls are naked in these magazines, but that they're depicted in a very sexual way, and indiscriminate sex is even more taboo than nudity.

that's exactly the issue i more or less have with it. granted, these women are making their own decisions, and it is restricted to a magazine that is for nude women and men to be in. fine, whatever.
it's just when thinking of making this decision for myself, or trying to bring up pros and cons of a friend wanting these points made so she can make her own decision, this is the stuff i come up with. know what i mean?

i think the whole point of being a friend is to, when asked, give your opinion, and if your friend still decides to go through with her decision, you support her. i think if this happens, you've done the best job you can as being a friend. you've looked out for her best interests and you've supported her. that's the best i can offer to someone i love. sometimes it's really hard to do both, and that's when you KNOW you love someone. :)

zengirl said:
Thorn, you're really a neat lady :)

*blushes*

thank you for that. i've really been impressed with all of the women and MOST of the boys on this board. i love the fact that the majority of people here can respectfully and maturely discuss numerous topics. pandora and i don't agree on a lot of different topics, yet i consider her a good friend. :heart: it all comes down to respect.

that being said, you're very neat right back. :heart: