Should I do it?

Bubbles said:
I would love to look like one of Hef's clones, but I'm glad my looks don;t scream hoochie at people when I walk through the mall. Thanks

As for the rut. I don't know why I'm in it and I can't seem to make myself get out of it. As embarrasing as it may be, I need to see a professional. I have become so depressed that I am not functioning any longer.

Seeing a professional shouldn't be embarrasing. Do you get embarrased when you go to the dentist? or the doctor? Sometimes our bodies do crazy things and it's out of our control, so we haveta go to a pro to get them fixed. Nothing embarrasing about that! :heart:

Pandora said:
Seeing a professional shouldn't be embarrasing. Do you get embarrased when you go to the dentist? or the doctor? Sometimes our bodies do crazy things and it's out of our control, so we haveta go to a pro to get them fixed. Nothing embarrasing about that! :heart:

Yeah, just ask Tom Cruise.

Pandora said:

:hs: :heart: I'm seeing him tomorrow.

Pandora said:
Actually I think it's kinda odd for someone to have an adverse reaction to thinking of their mom that way. Every women is (hopefully) viewed that way at some point in there lives, espeically if they have children. My mother won a beauty pagent when she was younger. She was a hottie so I'm sure that my father was not the first guy that had thoughts about her. And I would take that as more of a compliment than as something disturbing.

It takes a lot of courage and self confidence to put yourself out in the limelight like that. So I have a great deal of respect for any woman that can do that. If Bubbles decided to do it, I wouldn't loose any respect for her. If it was something that she REALLY wanted to do and some future boyfirend/husband had a problem with her choice, then he just isn't the man for her. I grew up being told that no decient man would marry me if I wasn't a virgin on my wedding night. It took me awhile to figure out that you just have to do what makes YOU happy. And whenever that guy comes along, he'll be right one because he is a match to the happy version of you!

lemme say again that i would not lose respect for bubbles if she decided to do it. i don't down any woman that chooses to pose. it's not my cup of tea -- that does not make my opinion better or worse than any others'.

i was simply bringing up points i would consider before making a decision like that. and i agree that you should find someone of marriage material that supports you and understands you...that does not mean that a person can't support you and still be disappointed. i certainly don't like to think of spange having been intimate with other women before me, and same with him thinking of my past. but it's there, there's nothing to be done about it, and it doesn't affect us at all. it's still there. it's not a big deal.

and regardless of how someone should be, whether it be a child supporting the mother or a husband supporting the wife, you do not know what someone is going to consider about your past. right or wrong of how someone feels, you cannot tell someone how to feel. you can't make a child and expect him or her to automatically accept your past. you would be taking a risk of having a child/SO think otherwise. that's all i'm trying to point out to think about. i always play devil's advocate.

Thorn Bird said:
serious question time:

i'm all about the female body. i think it's beautiful, and i admire beautiful things. hence the boy-crazy thing. the man's body is incredible. but i digress.

but i would think that subscribing to a magazine that one would get monthly with pictures of naked women in them would get old. i mean, i know there are different sizes and shapes, but i don't really see that reflected in a magazine like playboy, for example. doesn't it get old, to see the same thing, more or less, every month?
this is just a question. it is not passing judgement on anyone. i'm just curious.

I wouldn't pay for a Playboy subscription.. But I also don't get tired of looking at you everyday. In fact, I look forward to it.

Bubbles said:
Thanks....most of your points were things I had been thinking of. I'm not going to do it. The issue is the rejection, as someone stated earlier in this thread, I cannot mentaly take the rejection.

In response to the real job hunt - I cannot motivate myself to do anything but wallow in self pity. I've called a psychiatrist and hopwfully he will be able to help me out of this massive rut my life has become.
Holy shit people actually read my posts. :eek:

You need to wallow in despair, drink, and then you'll feel better <3

Pandora said:
Actually I think it's kinda odd for someone to have an adverse reaction to thinking of their mom that way. Every women is (hopefully) viewed that way at some point in there lives, espeically if they have children. My mother won a beauty pagent when she was younger. She was a hottie so I'm sure that my father was not the first guy that had thoughts about her. And I would take that as more of a compliment than as something disturbing.

It takes a lot of courage and self confidence to put yourself out in the limelight like that. So I have a great deal of respect for any woman that can do that. If Bubbles decided to do it, I wouldn't loose any respect for her. If it was something that she REALLY wanted to do and some future boyfirend/husband had a problem with her choice, then he just isn't the man for her. I grew up being told that no decient man would marry me if I wasn't a virgin on my wedding night. It took me awhile to figure out that you just have to do what makes YOU happy. And whenever that guy comes along, he'll be right one because he is a match to the happy version of you!

The fact remains that for most people thinking of someone as a stripper is pretty low. I know I personally don't think "all strippers are whores," but I can definitely see how stripping or putting yourself in a situation like that is definitely high risk for some generally bad things. With that in mind, I'd say be careful of the people you'd meet because of it, but don't let that stop you if it is something you want to do.

To put a little more perspective on it, what do you think of the girls that work down at the Cheetah? (Pink Pony... whatever) How would this be any different. (And, just as valid a question, what is wrong with those jobs?)

taeric said:
The fact remains that for most people thinking of someone as a stripper is pretty low. I know I personally don't think "all strippers are whores," but I can definitely see how stripping or putting yourself in a situation like that is definitely high risk for some generally bad things. With that in mind, I'd say be careful of the people you'd meet because of it, but don't let that stop you if it is something you want to do.

To put a little more perspective on it, what do you think of the girls that work down at the Cheetah? (Pink Pony... whatever) How would this be any different. (And, just as valid a question, what is wrong with those jobs?)
To me, stripping isn't really the problem, but more of a possibly warning flag. Most strippers I've met are more than a little screwy in the head. This isn't to say they're all head cases or bad people though.

theacoustician said:
To me, stripping isn't really the problem, but more of a possibly warning flag. Most strippers I've met are more than a little screwy in the head. This isn't to say they're all head cases or bad people though.

That is what I meant by saying it was high risk. Just like I've met a lot of people that work in the service industry that are addicted to drugs to the point that they do nothing to really further their life. By the same token, I've met plenty of people in the same places that are not. (Either addicted to drugs or stuck in life.)

Thorn Bird said:
lemme say again that i would not lose respect for bubbles if she decided to do it. i don't down any woman that chooses to pose. it's not my cup of tea -- that does not make my opinion better or worse than any others'.

i was simply bringing up points i would consider before making a decision like that. and i agree that you should find someone of marriage material that supports you and understands you...that does not mean that a person can't support you and still be disappointed. i certainly don't like to think of spange having been intimate with other women before me, and same with him thinking of my past. but it's there, there's nothing to be done about it, and it doesn't affect us at all. it's still there. it's not a big deal.

and regardless of how someone should be, whether it be a child supporting the mother or a husband supporting the wife, you do not know what someone is going to consider about your past. right or wrong of how someone feels, you cannot tell someone how to feel. you can't make a child and expect him or her to automatically accept your past. you would be taking a risk of having a child/SO think otherwise. that's all i'm trying to point out to think about. i always play devil's advocate.

OH! I wasn't implying that you would! I just wanted Bubbles to know that she just needed to do what made her happy, and not worry about what her future man would say. If he were the right guy then he wouldn't condem her for doing what made her happy.

I guess I just I'm just wierd about how I view 'history'. People do all kindsa stuff while they're growing up. I've done a lot of things before I met theac and he did as well. But I have no problem with discussing it. He could have been a total ho and dated 50 women before me, but he CHOSE to be with me and that's all that matters. :) So if anyone ever had issues with anything I've done in my past (be it husband or children) I'd just tell them tough. My history has made me who I am, so like it or leave it. :pandora:

Pandora, you're really cool, you know that?

I just say do what makes you comfortable. If in 5 years you're going to be okay with those images in circulation (and believe me, these things always have a way of coming back at inopportune moments) then go for it. If you think later on you'll choose to be more conservative, then no way. If you think a potential beau's opinion will make you regret it, don't do it. You really need to take the attitude as Pandora described and just be like, "Hey, it's my life, my decision, deal with it" And stand firm to that. It sure does take a heck of a lot of self assurance and esteem to do something like this knowing the potential ramifications in the future.

Do it because you're proud of your body, not because you want to feel better about it.

zengirl said:
Pandora, you're really cool, you know that?

I just say do what makes you comfortable. If in 5 years you're going to be okay with those images in circulation (and believe me, these things always have a way of coming back at inopportune moments) then go for it. If you think later on you'll choose to be more conservative, then no way. If you think a potential beau's opinion will make you regret it, don't do it. You really need to take the attitude as Pandora described and just be like, "Hey, it's my life, my decision, deal with it" And stand firm to that. It sure does take a heck of a lot of self assurance and esteem to do something like this knowing the potential ramifications in the future.

Do it because you're proud of your body, not because you want to feel better about it.

She's right about things coming back. Even I have the Sanjays party/body rocking videos saved at home. :shifty:

I would never have to worry about making a decision like this anyways, I dont have the "ideal/hollywood" body style. I couldn't handle the rejection.

I think you've got enough views in here to make your decision. But really, when it comes right down to it, regardless of what we say, only you can make this decision, and I'm pretty confident you knew your answer before even making this thread. Most of what I feel has already been shared by Thorn and others, so I will leave it at that.

But regardless of what people say, things in your past can and sometimes will come back to haunt you, specially if you have a change in lifestyle. Unfortunatly some people can't get over the past and WILL bring it up, whether you want it brought up or not.

Edit/ I think you should do whatever you feel is right in your heart. You are a beautiful, talented, intelligent woman and I think you have a lot more to offer this world then your naked body :) Save that for a truely special man, who will worship you like the goddess you are, instead of millions of men who will abuse your body and then forget about you when the next issue comes along :)

Last edited:
Pandora said:
but he CHOSE to be with me and that's all that matters. :)

It is funny that I was trying to explain that very concept to someone not long ago.

Granted, I tried explaining that concept to my father when he decided to divorce is 3rd wife, too. Didn't work there. (I suppose it could be considered a little different. He was upset that she had cheated on him. I said if he really had chosen her as the one he wanted to end up with, he should be willing to at least try to work past (passed?) that.)

taeric said:

I wouldn't say that I have a TON of respect for them. But they work the system to get lotsa $$$, and have probably taken a lot of crap for doing so. So that I have respect for. I just can't knock a gal for taking advantage of stupid men. :fly: I have no problems with strippers, or the like. It's some of the undesired criminal stuff (drugs/violence) that usually accompanies it that I don't like. I know someone that is good friends with someone that use to strip. She fell in with a bad crowd while she was doing it (which isn't good), but she got clean and has been living off her earnings for almost 3 years now. :lol:

zengirl said:

I would say do it simply because (or if) you want to. Otherwise the implication is that if you have pride in your body, you will do this. I know plenty of people that have pride in their bodies that don't want to pose nude.