should i buy a motorcycle?? (DIFFERENT CONTENT!! OH MY)

Penis Envy

Giant Member
Sep 2, 2005
Orlando
Marklar
₥481
i've wanted one for a while, my dad was supposed to wait for me and we were going to buy one together, he got a Shadow 750, i.e. he didnt wait!! damn parent folk and to much expendable income

I'm looking at either a Vulcan Meanstreak or a Katana 600 to start with.

I like the cruser type idea.. relaxed riding, cruising whatever.. whereas the 600 would be the crotch rocket yeah.. but imagine the run, and better gas mileage.

I haven't ridden ever, and i hear the meanstreak is a decent sorta start bike, albeit HEAVY.. but great control and not that much power.

The katana 600 i hear is a little Top heavy but a pretty good starter bike as well.

I'll take the MAF course by the department of safety and all that of-course.

So.. what do you think and why?? The cruiser or the crotchrocket? Go for a bike, or dont go for a bike..

Coqui said:
Have you ever ridden on a bike? From what I understand, until you know what you're doing, it isn't advisable to get a crotch rocket.

thats the idea behind the cruiser, and no, i haven't ridden before.

but a moderatly powered 600 shouldnt be to much of an issue, i'm not STUPID anymore. I got that all out of my system when i was <20

Coqui said:
Have you ever ridden on a bike? From what I understand, until you know what you're doing, it isn't advisable to get a crotch rocket.
My first was a rocket...

I would def get a 600 or less for your first one though. And if you don't think you will act responsibly on it, don't get it. Seriously.

Yes on a bike, definitely.

But NOT the mean streak for a first one, waaaay too fucking heavy.

I think the Katana would be a good one, all the sportbikers say it's heavy but it's really not all that bad - and it's comfortable.

But buy used for your first, if possible. You'll cry less if you drop it. I dropped mine three times during the first month in my garage because I wasn't used to balancing that kind of weight and pushing it around with my feet, but since it was an old clunker there was 0 damage.

Ma171aC said:
you have not contributed to my thread in the least..

:(

I've been over the Sunshine Skyway on the back of a Harley and I've gone around tight curves on the back of a crotch rocket at 60-70mph, that wasn;t even close to the speed of straight aways..........motorcycles scare the hell out of me.

Coqui said:
A Katana is far from what I'd call a crotch rocket, a much better choice than a overly heavy cruiser.

A BETTER choice would be something like a Suzuki GS500F or Kawasaki Ninja 500 for a newer bike, or any old UJM from the 80's.

Mine is 23 years old and still does sub-4 second 0-60's

Bubbles said:
I've been over the Sunshine Skyway on the back of a Harley and I've gone around tight curves on the back of a crotch rocket at 60-70mph, that wasn;t even close to the speed of straight aways..........motorcycles scare the hell out of me.

does that mean if i get it, you wont be a passenger?