Ontopic Should an HIV infection be classified as a disability in the eyes of the feds?

I've known a couple type 1 people and it's no picnic

my brothers type 1. hasn't effected his ability to work or participate in any recreational activity at all. as with anything, it was a learning curve for what he could and couldn't eat and how to treat it... but now it's second nature.

is it a disability in the classic sense where you think wheelchair or something like that? obviously not. it's still a fairly serious affliction. I know I want no part of it having seen what they deal with on a daily basis. fuck that.

My grandfather has been dealing with diabetes for over 30 years. He's never let it stop him (I don't think it's the kind you give yourself as he eats better than anyone and is not overweight). He's now 89 and still never uses his diabetes as an excuse for anything. Up until a health episode he has a few years ago he was walking 4 miles a day, and is slowly getting back up to that now.

I highly doubt he'd consider himself disabled.

Last edited:
My grandfather has been dealing with diabetes for over 30 years. He's never let it stop him (I don't think it's the kind you give yourself as he eats better than anyone and is not overweight). He's now 89 and still never uses his diabetes as an excuse for anything. Up until a health episode he has a few years ago he was walking 4 miles a day, and is slowly getting back up to that now.

I highly doubt he'd consider himself disabled.

theres type 1 and type 2. type 1 is when your pancreas just doesn't do what it's supposed too, usually people have it when they are younger but a lot of times it doesn't cause any issues until later in life so its never diagnosed. people with type 1 are usually skinny... it can be controlled with diet in some people who simply don't produce enough insulin, or it can be fatal if their pancreas doesn't produce any insulin and they don't treat it with insulin.

type 2 is the one people often eat themselves into, and often by changing to a normal healthy diet and routine exercise... all signs and symptoms can go away.

there's also a people who are a mix of 1 and 2... its rarely diagnosed that way though.

i think everyone here would be surprised if they started asking around how many people they actually know with diabetes... quite a few, and none are anywhere near disabled.

or you could, yknow, use a condom

believe it or not getting hiv isn't very easy. it's common in countries where they literally do not give a flying fuck about it and refuse to use any kind of protection even when they know full well they're with someone that has it but the reality is that it's not like a single drop of blood or a single sexual encounter has a high chance of transmitting the virus.

another option is to not fuck the type of guy that....well, you would usually fuck :fly:

well duh with the condoms... but fuck still i still dont wanna sleep with someone who may or may not have aids using a iron condom. eew..
so like we go on a few dates and the day before we hit the sack i say: hey...aids test? and if youre negative we are still wearing a dome. ugh.

and wtf @ THAT TYPE OF GUY.... aids doesnt discriminate. anyone can have it.. even the nice guy.

KEEP YOUR AIDS AWAY FROM ME. DO NOT WANT.

unlike SOME dirty desperate people i know.. i have no interest in throwing myself back on to any kak. whatsoever.