shiny happy keyboard review

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,849
So, last night through some method of madness Bozusugoi's keyboard was doused in beer and ceased to be. I ran out and got him a replacement keyboard bundle, the Logitech MX 5000. This is like the ferarri of keyboards IMO. Not only does it have an LCD that displays messaging, media play, and other nifty functions, but it also has onboard touch-sensitive media zoom and volume control (think like in a studio, moving the soundboard key up and down). The keys are sleek and easier to type with than any other keyboard I've tried. The smart keys are totally flexible and you can set them to do your lazy bidding. The mouse is the new MX laser technology, with awesome sensitivity and works on ANYTHING. It has a zoom scroll wheel, forward and back side buttons, and an application switch (replaces Alt+ Tab).

That's not even the coolest part. It's fully bluetooth compatible with ANYTHING. Printers, PDAs, phones, you name it. There's no interference with our wireless speakers, wifi connection, anything.

F33nX gives the MX 5000 bundle a 9 out of 10

SpangeMonkee said:
cool. though, I think cordless keyboards at a desk are a waste of batteries. is the LCD backlit?

I was looking at these setups too, and then I asked myself if I really wanted to go through batteries like that. No thanks.

Sarcasmo said:
I was looking at these setups too, and then I asked myself if I really wanted to go through batteries like that. No thanks.
actually, the features on it are rather sweet. bill likes gadgety type stuff and the shortcut keys are more useful on this keyboard than any other i've ever seen. the LCD isn't backlit, but that's not too much of an issue. as for the batteries, the mouse is fully rechargable and even on my prototype logitech wireless keyboard, the batteries only have to be switched out like once every year or so.

F33nX said:
actually, the features on it are rather sweet. bill likes gadgety type stuff and the shortcut keys are more useful on this keyboard than any other i've ever seen. the LCD isn't backlit, but that's not too much of an issue. as for the batteries, the mouse is fully rechargable and even on my prototype logitech wireless keyboard, the batteries only have to be switched out like once every year or so.

If it has a rechargable battery in the keyboard then it's cool. Reg batteries are not cool = bad.

fly said:
I was amazed by a guy at work to find out how rarely you have to change them tho...
seriously, pogo's had his old keyboard since christmas of his junior year in college and he's NEVER changed the batteries in it. i change the ones in mine around once every year, year and a half

F33nX said:
seriously, pogo's had his old keyboard since christmas of his junior year in college and he's NEVER changed the batteries in it. i change the ones in mine around once every year, year and a half

that's pretty awesome then ... I need more wireless devices at home. Doesn't all those dam wires under the desk just drive you crazy?

gottoys? said:
that's pretty awesome then ... I need more wireless devices at home. Doesn't all those dam wires under the desk just drive you crazy?
zip ties+ wire bundle protection tubes+ duct tape = win (that's how we cat-proofed our place). our wireless stuff includes: router, speakers, console controllers, keyboards and mice.

F33nX said:
zip ties+ wire bundle protection tubes+ duct tape = win (that's how we cat-proofed our place). our wireless stuff includes: router, speakers, console controllers, keyboards and mice.
Good idea! it's the speaker wires that cause the most havoc - 5 little speakers plus the power and bass boxes -argh!