Share good music/film recommendations

ooooooooooo guess what i did a few days ago? my good friend (who lets me borrow ALL her boy clothes for baby bird to wear) was having a garage sale. i was helping her set up and get all that baby stuff out. she had a BUNCH of baby books she wanted to get rid of, so i suggested the used bookstore...perhaps she'd get store credit for them. i took them up there and returned with $240 WORTH OF STORE CREDIT. AT THE USED BOOKSTORE. :eek:

so now she's got all this credit and needs a HUGE list of books to go buy!!! (i was so happy i could do something for her as a thank you for being SOOOO good to me!)

POINT IS...i need a ton of book recommendations now, and you and i are soul sisters, and so you can tell me what to tell her to read!!

:happy:

ooooooooooo guess what i did a few days ago? my good friend (who lets me borrow ALL her boy clothes for baby bird to wear) was having a garage sale. i was helping her set up and get all that baby stuff out. she had a BUNCH of baby books she wanted to get rid of, so i suggested the used bookstore...perhaps she'd get store credit for them. i took them up there and returned with $240 WORTH OF STORE CREDIT. AT THE USED BOOKSTORE. :eek:

so now she's got all this credit and needs a HUGE list of books to go buy!!! (i was so happy i could do something for her as a thank you for being SOOOO good to me!)

POINT IS...i need a ton of book recommendations now, and you and i are soul sisters, and so you can tell me what to tell her to read!!

I love controlling what others read. What does she like?

well, you know one of my favorite recommendations for others is water for elephants, and she loved it. she loved twilight. she just read my sister's keeper and liked it, but she did not like the pilot's wife. i suggested mary kay andrews' books (savannah breeze, hissy fit, savannah blues), and of course the sweet potato queens books!! so she likes the light, fun reads that aren't slow, i'm thinking. she's never enjoyed reading until recently, so i'm trying to feed her with a lot of good stuff to get her addicted like we are. :fly:

well i learned last night that transformers 2 sucks, i mean in the first one i was like well it looks neat so its ok. this one man i mean just soooo much dumb and that chicks tan makes me wanna stab her

Hmmmm

Valley of the Dolls
Flowers in the Attic
My Sister's Keeper
Anansi Boys
Anything by David Sedaris
Angels and Demons
Princess Bride
Breakfast at Tiffany's
A Scanner Darkly
Flowers for Algernon
What Dreams May Come
I Am Legend
The Host
The Mists of Avalon

These are a few from my Good Reads list.