SG1 + Atlantis season premiers

Onnotangu said:
Well I watched it and was really not impressed.
which is not to say i don't like stargate just that well.. someone has to fill the void now that startrek and starwars are gone.
Neither was I. I'm not sure whether adding Claudia Black to the regular cast will be good for the show. How many times has Daniel died now?

Atlantis was a bit more entertaining. They do a good job of making McKay really unlikable. I do enjoy seeing both Mitch Pileggi and Connor Trinneer on screen, however.

edit: there's always a giant 3GB HDTV rip of Atlantis available for download but never one for SG1 :thrawn: :confused:

Last edited:
ChikkenNoodul said:
I only started watching SG1 'cause of the addition of Ben Browder and Claudia Black :fly:

I missed the premiere, but caught the end of Atlantis - and now the doctor from Voyager is on too? :omy:

FarGate(Er)
Recurring role, he usually pops up on SG1 three to four times a season. Bob Picardo is a good actor, he needs to do more stuff.

ChikkenNoodul said:
And yeah, the Ori are almost as cool as the Borg++
The Borg lost their coolness during Voyager. Once Janeway started hunting for cubes they lost their image of the ultimate bad guy but they really became trite when they showed up on Archer's doorstep.

I do enjoy the underlying theme with the Ori though...a religion that claims it's peaceful and attempting to show everyone the light killing those who refuse to convert. What fun!

Last edited:
I'm a very dark individual in terms of artistic expression. I like things that are dreary and gritty and dirty. I think that's why I like Firefly so much. No laser pistols or crisp uniforms or gay sci-fi cliches. It's more realistic in my opinion. The way people act and talk, and the very low-tech equipment they use. Ideally I'd like to see a series like Bladerunner. Doesn't get much more dreary and gritty than that.