SG1 + Atlantis season premiers

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥21,495
I know there's at least one other stargate fanatic here, maybe two.

sg1_sga_premiere.jpg

Probably gonna have to tivo these tonight but I'm looking forward to the conclusion of those cliffhangers from last year. I realize the concepts have been declining in quality for many years but I can't stop watching, I wanna know what happens to Sam. The only downside to all this is that we're still waiting another few months for the best science fiction show in ten years to begin its' third season. BSG > *

I know, I'm a sad little nerd. Frack you.

theacoustician said:
I like SG1, but Atlantis is just plain lame.
I thought the first season was the best so far. I liked the fact that they were cut off from Earth, all on their own. Both shows are far too Trekish these days; some episodes are half full of space battles and technobabble. I did enjoy seeing Conner Trinneer on screen again, though.

The SG series has never actively "hooked" me. I've watched some episodes, and we'll probably watch more in the future, but it's not something I set aside time or tivo space for.

I will be watching both tonite which is odd for me cause I usually go out but my wallet doesnt allow such nature tonite. Thanks for the reminder :)

Onnotangu said:
after all these years!

KNYTE said:
The SG series has never actively "hooked" me. I've watched some episodes, and we'll probably watch more in the future, but it's not something I set aside time or tivo space for.
It shouldn't have hooked me but it did. :( I liked the chemistry between characters back when it was on Showtime. The move to the SciFi channel is evident by the changes in storylines but since Vivendi decided to throw giant wads of cash at the show as Showtime had done the production quality remained the same. And despite Anderson phoning in his performances the last few years (he's even got the same dumb look on his face in the Mastercard commercial!) I still feel that he made the show what it is.

Our DVR has a 120 gig drive, there's plenty of space. :p

BeeRad said:
I will be watching both tonite which is odd for me cause I usually go out but my wallet doesnt allow such nature tonite. Thanks for the reminder :)
I was planning on going to this tonight but I think I'll see tomorrow night's performance so I can have a haircut tomorrow and get all gussied up.

Tonight I'm gonna waste some money at the range. :D

SG1 just annoyed me until last year. The Ori, some rather good characters (they essentially stole the cast of Farscape IIRC) etc. Now it has a PLOT ARC. Before it was too Star Trek-ish.

FlyNavy said:
I thought the first season was the best so far. I liked the fact that they were cut off from Earth, all on their own. Both shows are far too Trekish these days; some episodes are half full of space battles and technobabble. I did enjoy seeing Conner Trinneer on screen again, though.

I thought it was a huge mistake when they reconnected with earth at the end of season one. They could have done that during season four or five. It was much better and more tense without access to earth.

while I think that Battlestar Galactica and Doctor Who are better sci fi stories, I definitely enjoy watching both stargates. I do feel that they are definitely star trek like, although it is nice to see some ships getting blown to hell last season and this season.

smileynev said:
while I think that Battlestar Galactica and Doctor Who are better sci fi stories, I definitely enjoy watching both stargates. I do feel that they are definitely star trek like, although it is nice to see some ships getting blown to hell last season and this season.
I've watched a couple episodes of Dr Who, considering downloading previous seasons. BSG > *, so say we all.

I've seen maybe one or two episodes of either SG. Aside from a few personal reasons for not watching, it doesn't interest me much.

Well I watched it and was really not impressed.
which is not to say i don't like stargate just that well.. someone has to fill the void now that startrek and starwars are gone.