Seven World Wonders CHANGING

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
The New 7 Wonders of the World will be announced during the Official Declaration ceremony in Lisbon, Portugal on Saturday, July 7, 2007 - 07.07.07.

http://www.new7wonders.com/index.php?id=315&L=0

Why in the hell are they planning on changing the 7 wonders of the world? So the things we were taught as a kid about this will be different for kids after 07/2007?

Whose insane idea is this? :tard:

They're not. Those are the "New" 7 Wonders. The original seven ancient wonders are not changing. They're not changing anything, just creating a new list.

745f6d6dc3e094.jpg

So one of the "ancient" wonders survived until the 1300's, but one of the "new" wonders up for vote is the Colosseum from 70 AD? Or the Acropolis from 450 BC? Or Giza 2500 BC? Or Stonehenge 3000 BC? Honestly wtf.

:confused:
My vote is for Taj Mahal. Some of the fountains in there (before the British broke them) were still working and no one knew how. The British broke them taking them apart trying to figure out how they worked. Just a beautiful piece of archetectural and symbolic building.

FlyNavy is right. No one is demoting the ancient wonders of the world, they are simply adding more for the sake of more comprehensive preservation.

I will definitely be voting for Petra in Jordan. I have several books on it, and it's incredible.

Also, I should probably try to write in the palm islands in Dubai. They aren't even completed yet, but the scope of that project, from the ocean dredging to the composition of the sand being used, is utterly astounding.

My vote is for Taj Mahal. Some of the fountains in there (before the British broke them) were still working and no one knew how. The British broke them taking them apart trying to figure out how they worked. Just a beautiful piece of archetectural and symbolic building.

Sounds like my brother and I growing up.

So one of the "ancient" wonders survived until the 1300's, but one of the "new" wonders up for vote is the Colosseum from 70 AD? Or the Acropolis from 450 BC? Or Giza 2500 BC? Or Stonehenge 3000 BC? Honestly wtf.

:confused:

hagia sophia would be my choice...I always loved that building from my art history classes...can't be bothered to register to vote though :D

FlyNavy is right. No one is demoting the ancient wonders of the world, they are simply adding more for the sake of more comprehensive preservation.

I will definitely be voting for Petra in Jordan. I have several books on it, and it's incredible.

Also, I should probably try to write in the palm islands in Dubai. They aren't even completed yet, but the scope of that project, from the ocean dredging to the composition of the sand being used, is utterly astounding.

The Palm Islands are amazing yet so... :rolleyes:

I'm surprised America didn't try that first with our spending habits on silly things.

Why are the pyramids at Giza on for the "ancient" list AND for the "new" list?

http://www.new7wonders.com/index.php?id=427

I imagine they are on the ancient list because in their time, they were unparalleled in their wonderment and they're on the new list because they're still there and still unparalleled in their wonderment.

I have never been able to spell parallel correctly

The Palm Islands are amazing yet so... :rolleyes:

I'm surprised America didn't try that first with our spending habits on silly things.

Yeah it's excessive, but I'm not looking at it from my own personal perspective, which happens to be I think they are gratuitously unnecessary. I wouldn't have spent the billions on them, but they are clearly an engineering achievement of monumental proportions.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT MADE THE LIST. I refuse to vote for it.

why? while it wasn't necessarily an amazing feat of engineering it's still one of the most recognizable images in the world and its symbolism has held more value to hundreds of millions of people for nearly a century and a half