Halp Settle a dispute please

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,113
Me and my boyfriend have agreed to disagree but naturally I believe I'm right:

He thinks being a rally driver is harder than being a formula 1 driver. I've conceded perhaps the courses are harder but I believe to be an F1 driver you have to be way more physically fit/more of an athlete.

Opinion please.

I'd go with rally as well. the driving is so difficult you need a navigator plus they crash every 5 minutes.

But F1 drivers have to be in the gym like 6 hours a day guys.

Rally.

The only reason F1 drivers are in the gym that much is because of the G forces they have to counteract in corners and stopping and starting. Rally drivers don't have the same G forces but they do have different impacts to their body. And you can't see a track in rally in the dust. And you have to know the car over varying terrain; F1 is like a scientific equation.

Long distance rally driving is crazy hard. F1 you have higher Gs but for a short time frame. They train like athletes to prevent passing out or getting sick on the high G turns.

I posted a thing a while back about the best virtual F1 driver in the world got a chance to do it for real. He did damn good driving for never been physically in a F1 car before but the forces driving beat him down and he couldn't keep it up for long.

I'd love to ride in a rally car with a professional driver.

I think it's harder to be an F1 driver OFF the course. You have to be styled to the nines with designer names. You have to have an impossible body to fill the clothes. You have to do promotions and ads for your sponsors. You have to keep up with all of the ladies and do whatever you can to keep them, and they are some of the highest maintenance bitches you can find. That is an all day AND all night job.

I used to rally when I was young but I've never driven an F1 car. I do remember some years back, F1 drivers had a competition with rally drivers over an assortment of driving test. I can't remember who won. Does that settle the argument?

I used to rally when I was young but I've never driven an F1 car. I do remember some years back, F1 drivers had a competition with rally drivers over an assortment of driving test. I can't remember who won. Does that settle the argument?

Your dementia does settle the argument if you have had a stroke or not, yes.

It's driving, I'd argue they are the same.

Difficult wise, there has been time when they have put F1 drivers in Rally cars, and Rally driver in F1 cars, and both have found it to be very difficult.

I do not believe either one of you are right or wrong.

Was that Coultard and McCrae?

It's driving, I'd argue they are the same.

Difficult wise, there has been time when they have put F1 drivers in Rally cars, and Rally driver in F1 cars, and both have found it to be very difficult.

I do not believe either one of you are right or wrong.

Is the right answer. Being the best F1 driver is exactly as hard as being the best rally driver is exactly as hard as being the best moto GP rider etc.

Coulthard/McRae - not sure. What I remember is an indoor dual lane rally track with F1 drivers using 1 track and rally drivers in the other over heats. They also raced on tarmac. I'll google and see if I can find it.

Last edited: