Seriously, how does gaydar work?

FlamingGlory said:
Whatever it is it works. I've attempted to convince people I was gay, for shits in giggles, in the past and they never take the bait :(
Don't feel bad. I'm pretty sure everyone here is convinced.

theacoustician said:
Don't feel bad. I'm pretty sure everyone here is convinced.
Wow, your wit is killing me.

In any case I can think of 4 people here who already couldnt be convinced.

Dharma1521 said:
OMG Zac! Its supposed to be a big secret and apparently I told big mouth. Its so funny b/c people assume that he likes me or our other co-worker because he bakes stuff for us. Once he told me everything made sooo much sense.

Now shut your trap! Don't tell Rebeca!
The dude is fucking flaming. It was obvious.

Sometimes you dont need gaydar, just being observant is enough.
For example:

We were in the grocery store, wandering around the produce section one sunday afternoon. I was admiring the melons, when I notice this guy walk in.
Well, actually it was more of a shashay. He moves past the stack of hand baskets, scoops one up and plops it in the crook of his arm without skipping a beat. Then proceeds straight to the cucumber section.
Other than that little display the dude looked normal. Well, except for the eyeshadow.

Drool-Boy said:
Sometimes you dont need gaydar, just being observant is enough.
For example:

We were in the grocery store, wandering around the produce section one sunday afternoon. I was admiring the melons, when I notice this guy walk in.
Well, actually it was more of a shashay. He moves past the stack of hand baskets, scoops one up and plops it in the crook of his arm without skipping a beat. Then proceeds straight to the cucumber section.
Other than that little display the dude looked normal. Well, except for the eyeshadow.
So how was he?

My gaydar is totally broken. I try and hook up with married guys and I don't know if a man is a fag until he is pounding my ass. :(

dbzeag said:
My gaydar is totally broken. I try and hook up with married guys and I don't know if a man is a fag until he is pounding my ass. :(

DB...seriously...we're all well aware of the fact that you are gay, stop reminding us in every single thread.

my mom and i had this conversation one time. how is it that these days, very often you can correctly assume someone's gay even before you've spoken to them. besides the OVERLY obvious, what's the defining factor(s)? and how is it that 30 years ago, you didn't see many out there who appeared gay?

theacoustician said:
But its funny when Sarcasmo and fly remind us in every thread?

Slightly different because Fly is so "purty" and Sarcasmo is so "I'M NOT GAY! JUST HANDSOME!"

Thorn Bird said:
my mom and i had this conversation one time. how is it that these days, very often you can correctly assume someone's gay even before you've spoken to them. besides the OVERLY obvious, what's the defining factor(s)? and how is it that 30 years ago, you didn't see many out there who appeared gay?
Intuition.

KNYTE said:
Slightly different because Fly is so "purty" and Sarcasmo is so "I'M NOT GAY! JUST HANDSOME!"
I wasn't really kidding. Why is it funny to pretend to be gay in 80% of the threads and not funny to really be gay?

Thorn Bird said:

It wasn't socially acceptable thirty years ago, so it was MUCH better hidden. I kinda guess the hand flipping and dressing is part of the culture nowadays.