Seriously, how does gaydar work?

Galen said:
What makes an advance "warranted"?
Excellent question.

1)All advances as unwarranted until;

a) the person making them proves through some merit of their own that they are worthy of my consideration or;
b) they are attractive and genuinely female since birth

2) Parts (a) and (b) of part one shall not apply if:

a) the person is male or;
b) the person weighs more than myself or;
c) the person has previously disqualified themselves from my company or;
d) they have a substantial but unspecifiable lack of merit

3) Parts one and two shall not be construed to make it impossible for myself to act unilaterally in determining that any advances on my person are unwarranted.

4) Any dertermination made by myself is subject to later review by myself.

:p

FlamingGlory said:
Excellent question.

a) the person making them proves through some merit of their own that they are worthy of my consideration or;

3) Parts one and two shall not be construed to make it impossible for myself to act unilaterally in determining that any advances on my person are unwarranted.

You forgot to stipulate that these rules only apply when sober. :p

You should have no rules and ride all round you, that's what everyone else our age seems to be doing. I've had a few approachs since I've got here and quickly evacuated, flattered, but still. I expect many more when I start Univ in September for no reason other than where I'm from and possibly my awesome hair. I'm just going to lie and say I'm from Nunavut, less some tramp stabs me for "Being a Paddy".

Galen said:
You forgot to stipulate that these rules only apply when sober. :p

You should have no rules and ride all round you, that's what everyone else our age seems to be doing. I've had a few approachs since I've got here and quickly evacuated, flattered, but still. I expect many more when I start Univ in September for no reason other than where I'm from and possibly my awesome hair. I'm just going to lie and say I'm from Nunavut, less some tramp stabs me for "Being a Paddy".
Intoxication is a defense in itself.

I could do that, and have had ample opprotunity to, but I'm just far too picky. You quickly evacute but no matter who I am talking to, my first instinct is usually to lead them on for a couple minutes. Eventually they will say something that I can address with great predjudice. I believe my last such conversation ended with me saying something to the effect of 'you'd look better on fire'.

Truly, I'm far too charming for most people to take. :D

FlamingGlory said:
Excellent question.

That needs to be a tshirt.

theacoustician said:
I wasn't really kidding. Why is it funny to pretend to be gay in 80% of the threads and not funny to really be gay?
Because it's a horrible tragedy to be gay IRL.

Back to the thread, I think it is easier now to find a gay person because metrosexual is in. Acting like a traditional gay stereotypes is more acceptable and more people are doing it (at least in bigger cities) so you see it more. Not saying its right or not, but it certainly makes things a bit confusing.

Also, 1.9% of the population is gay. In a country of 300 million people that's 5,700,000 fags

FlyNavy said:
Maybe it's only funny because it's slightly ironic? Would it be more amusing if dbzeag acted straight? :confused:
I tried that and failed miserably. I was more hated for posting straight than for posting gay

dbzeag said:
Because it's a horrible tragedy to be gay IRL.

Back to the thread, I think it is easier now to find a gay person because metrosexual is in. Acting like a traditional gay stereotypes is more acceptable and more people are doing it (at least in bigger cities) so you see it more. Not saying its right or not, but it certainly makes things a bit confusing.

Also, 1.9% of the population is gay. In a country of 300 million people that's 5,700,000 fags

Wouldn't it make it harder to find then? You can't tell who's gay and who's metrosexual.

FlamingGlory said:
Excellent question.

So how much do you weigh?

Coqui said:
Wouldn't it make it harder to find then? You can't tell who's gay and who's metrosexual.
No, you know my gaydar is fucked. Hell, I still think isildur29 is gay and he has a wife and kid.

No one knows how gaydar works - I just know that mine is spot on.

That's how I knew dbzeag was gay, even before he registered at the [M] or even owned a computer.

Drool is also gay

elpmis said:
No one knows how gaydar works - I just know that mine is spot on.

That's how I knew dbzeag was gay, even before he registered at the [M] or even owned a computer.

Drool is also gay
Wow, I didn't even know I was gay until I was 19 (years after my first computer). You are a god among men

:heart:

dbzeag said:
Wow, I didn't even know I was gay until I was 19 (years after my first computer). You are a god among men

:heart:

How the hell can you not know?
You just wake up one morning and decide a dick would taste pretty damn good or something?