Ontopic <--- Serios Thread. Post your best outdoor/shop rules that work for you.

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,255
Steam
mattressfish
Looking to compile some general rules you use when working on all sorts of projects.

For example: Use the damn safety gear that comes with power tools. I finally got around to putting the riving knife back on my table saw. I don't remember why I took it off, but I did.

Serios: no gloves around anything that spins. Ever. No long sleeves either if you can help it.

Just because it looks like you can reach your arm down the chipper shredder to push items in it and be safe, doesn't mean you should. Have something too big to fit in the bottom hole but small enough to push all the way down there. (so it doesn't damage the machine, but you get as far down as possible)

If someone's working:

- stand clear
- don't try to get their attention when they're in the middle of making a cut, nailing something, etc.
- don't try to help unless asked.
- When asked to help, make sure you fully understand what you're being asked to do before you start doing it.

With this ongoing barn demo / new building project, I'm sick of yelling at people.

If someone's working:

- stand clear
- don't try to get their attention when they're in the middle of making a cut, nailing something, etc.
- don't try to help unless asked.
- When asked to help, make sure you fully understand what you're being asked to do before you start doing it.

With this ongoing barn demo / new building project, I'm sick of yelling at people.

if anyone ever comes up behind me and taps me on the shoulder when im wearing earmuffs and using the table saw, theyre getting beaten with whatever stock i just cut when im done.

Don't wear rings around anything that could catch on your ring and deglove you.