Ontopic Self happiness

I was depressed for 3 years. I jumped contracts one last time, so far it's working out swimmingly.
With me, the ability to be a productive breadwinner kills about 80% of my depression.
Living well is the best revenge.
I was depressed throughout high school. It was severe. To the point where I seriously considered suicide. I've been there before and it was horrible. This isn't that, it's simply a realization that I'm unhappy with me and the things I'm doing with my life.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and APRIL
@thintoast, You're a ghost driving a meat bag full of bones made of stardust across a rock that's hurtling through space at unimaginable speed.

Fear nothing, my friend.
It's not a fear. I'm just looking ot be happy. Whether that means that I positively affect others or make a difference in their life, or cut wood for the rest of my life, I need to figure that out so that I'm happy, then I can channel that energy towards making others happy.Until I figure out what my life passion is, making others happy by doing small things is the goal.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I've been down this road many times. The best advice I can give to you is walk away from UF.

Granted you may not see UF in the same light as I do, but from my perspective this place breads negativity.

I too tried to start a new, and came here with the same attitude. I have since come to accept that there is no happiness in pretending to be happy. The phrase "Life is what you make it" is bullshit. Life is whatever card you draw from the pack, and no amount of self convincing changes that.

I wish you luck, and hope your card is better than mine.

Better than sex?

giphy.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I've been down this road many times. The best advice I can give to you is walk away from UF.

Granted you may not see UF in the same light as I do, but from my perspective this place breads negativity.

I too tried to start a new, and came here with the same attitude. I have since come to accept that there is no happiness in pretending to be happy. The phrase "Life is what you make it" is bullshit. Life is whatever card you draw from the pack, and no amount of self convincing changes that.

I've noticed that about another forum that I frequent. 99.99% of the threads and the people are negative. Everything online is negative unless you seek out the positive. As of today I'm pretty much quitting that site. There's only one daily thread I'll be entering and that one has all of the people I care about on the forum. It's basically a friendly conversation about whatever that's not politics or news worthy. Mostly discussing the day ahead.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and APRIL
I've noticed that about another forum that I frequent. 99.99% of the threads and the people are negative. Everything online is negative unless you seek out the positive. As of today I'm pretty much quitting that site. There's only one daily thread I'll be entering and that one has all of the people I care about on the forum. It's basically a friendly conversation about whatever that's not politics or news worthy. Mostly discussing the day ahead.
That sounds cool. I wish there was something like that here.

I don't consider this place negative. We take the piss out of each other but it's all in good fun.

You're the perpetually pissed off/argumentative aussie, but not as argumentative as asa, brony's a libtard, august even more so, amstel's a redneck, maureen's a drug mule, fly's a scam artist, april's a drunk, valve loves his truck so much he fucked it once, ledboots is a dirty hippie, domon's an emotionless robot, thintoast will forever be known as the guy who bought a camry... the list goes on but I love y'all.

I don't consider this place negative. We take the piss out of each other but it's all in good fun.

You're the perpetually pissed off/argumentative aussie, but not as argumentative as asa, brony's a libtard, august even more so, amstel's a redneck, maureen's a drug mule, fly's a scam artist, april's a drunk, valve loves his truck so much he fucked it once, ledboots is a dirty hippie, domon's an emotionless robot, thintoast will forever be known as the guy who bought a camry... the list goes on but I love y'all.
Agreed.