Ontopic Searching for a book: Silent No More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Argumentor

I fab shitboxes and shitbox accessories.
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥73,706
Steam
asastang
As I mentioned earlier, my Uncle-in-law passed away recently, he was one of the original Alamo Scouts, and later walked out of Chosin alongside Chesty.

Unfortunately, his wife, my mother's sister is such a horrible person that to accurately describe her I think I might get kicked off the forum. Suffice to say that she will (quite literally) go out of her way to help a complete stranger while ignoring her family. Due to some un-named slight, my aunt is not willing to talk to one of my cousins-in-law about some of the items he wanted to remember his father by, some pictures that I can't help with and the book that I might be able to, so I'm trying to help him find it.

The book is Silent No More by Lance Zedric. There is a PDF available, but I'm looking for a hardcover version if possible as that's what his dad had. If I have to I think I'll order the PDF printed and bound to give to him. The book includes passages from his dad about his experiences in the Alamo Scouts.

It was published in '13, but it's already out of print and just gone.

If anyone could keep their eyes out for a copy, it would be appreciated

As a reminder, this thread is marked as Ontopic.

His website is where I found a link to the PDF, but the hardcover is marked as sold out.

Worth trying to get in contact with him, though.

You never know he might give you one. It's amazing the responses and results you can get if you actually reach out. At a minimum you might find a place to buy one or if it's even an option.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
As I mentioned earlier, my Uncle-in-law passed away recently, he was one of the original Alamo Scouts, and later walked out of Chosin alongside Chesty.

Unfortunately, his wife, my mother's sister is such a horrible person that to accurately describe her I think I might get kicked off the forum. Suffice to say that she will (quite literally) go out of her way to help a complete stranger while ignoring her family. Due to some un-named slight, my aunt is not willing to talk to one of my cousins-in-law about some of the items he wanted to remember his father by, some pictures that I can't help with and the book that I might be able to, so I'm trying to help him find it.

The book is Silent No More by Lance Zedric. There is a PDF available, but I'm looking for a hardcover version if possible as that's what his dad had. If I have to I think I'll order the PDF printed and bound to give to him. The book includes passages from his dad about his experiences in the Alamo Scouts.

Whats your aunts phone number?

People are such asshats about people's stuff after they are gone. I did a quick search and didn't see anything, but did find the isb that may make it easier to find. You could search local libraries, too, and then just steal it and pay the fee.

(Sorry for the screen shot)
23711cb9f5852706c5775b063ac17f32.jpg

Try an eBay search. Out of print doesn't mean previously printed volumes aren't available. Try asking a librarian to do a nationwide query.
Ebay and half.com came back with no copies. The librarian thing is a good idea.

Last edited:
I tried looking at some Turkish booksellers just in case a miracle might happen, but came with unrelated results.

I'm sure you've seen those books too though. Just to clearify, the book is not about slavery or politics is it?

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I tried looking at some Turkish booksellers just in case a miracle might happen, but came with unrelated results.

I'm sure you've seen those books too though. Just to clearify, the book is not about slavery or politics is it?
Something about WW2 and a band of heroes it looks like.

• Gravy
Reactions: MacG
Ontopic means ontopic, means you are just as wrong as he was.

Boots, nukes, thanks for looking.

SCOLD ME WHY DONT CHAAAAA!!!

Dude... please point out ONE time in the history of UF that a thread tagged ON TOPIC has stayed "on topic" ------nevaaaaah!

And putting a disclaimer at the end of your post demanding this to stay "on topic" is only gonna bring all the boys to the yard!

tumblr_lqe6tw5aMT1qafrh6.gif

Sent from the white knuckle grip of my Lord & Saviour, CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.