Ontopic Search isn't broken now NOOBS - New BOOKS thread

And the movie takes the safe approach and tells the story from McMurphy's point of view, as well as cutting out significant portions of the horrors of being in a mental institution.
The book had a far better ending. The ending on the movie was the only thing I didn't like.
Not sure why they decided to go full on tragedy at the end of the movie. I mean the chief escaped but over all McMurphy and Billy both died in vain. At least in the book, their deaths resulted in giving most of the acutes greater purpose in life.
Other than that I still liked the move as much as the book. It was a completely different point of view though, apple and orange. As always, I would prefer a series.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
@APRIL @fly anyone, I need help figuring out how to remove the DRM from my kindle books. All I want to be able to do is back them up and use them on any device or app I choose.

• Gravy
Use calibre.

I ended up using this method the other day. I like that I can convert to mobi, epub, and pdf. If you get the page size, margins, and font size right the pdf is pretty cool.

It took me forever because I downloaded the newest version of calibre and it wasn't compatible with the DeDRM plugin. I got a compatible version of Calibre and it still didn't work. I had to download an older version of kindle for pc that doesn't use the KFX format.

Quite the headache to backup books I paid for.

• Gravy
Picture this, you're stranded on an island and your only source of entertainment is Amazon book samples.

Last edited:
I couldn't get into Good Omens. I might give it another try though. Could have just been in a bad mood when I read it.

I needed a new author and The Watch on bbc america which is inspired by a bunch of discworld characters is really fun. I enjoy shows with likeable characters and every character is unique and likeable and very very pratchetty

I read A Wrinkle in Time, a story of dualism desperately trying to be selective-monism.