Ontopic Search isn't broken now NOOBS - New BOOKS thread

I haven't had a job since 2001. I'd actually like a job these days due to the aspect of getting paid for every single hour, W2 contribution towards Social Security, and the ability to punch out and go away.

Cabbie-ing. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it!

• Gravy
Reactions: adi, nukes and fly
I haven't had a job since 2001. I'd actually like a job these days due to the aspect of getting paid for every single hour, W2 contribution towards Social Security, and the ability to punch out and go away.
I thought those were things afforded cabbies.

You sound like an Uber.

I just finished Shit My Dad Says. I really enjoyed the hell out of it. Read it in one sitting. Couldn't put it down. The whole time I imagined the dad as a Jewish Darth handsome.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly, nukes and adi
Oh man, I just tried to read A Wrinkle in Time. I was not happy, not happy at all, with the commas.

#needsMoreCommas

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
i remember liking the book when i read it as a child but i couldn't get through the movie
I havn't seen the move, but my wife says it's nothing like the book. She's a big fan of the book.

Franck and Abraham were at one of my friendly neighborhood bookstores doing a signing, so I got one.

20190712_185145.jpg

I had been meaning to buy Caliban's War anyhow, since I finished Leviathan Awakes at @Domon's suggestion some time ago.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
OMG its one of my favorite books. Did you read Horns? Read Horns.
Meh. Not a big fiction fan. It was pretty good, but the ending was a bit underwhelming.

I've moved on to

Amazon product ASIN B07G6X3Z47
The incredible true story of the decade-long quest to bring down Paul Le Roux—the creator of a frighteningly powerful Internet-enabled cartel who merged the ruthlessness of a drug lord with the technological savvy of a Silicon Valley entrepreneur.

I'm on chapter 2 of Elevation by Stephen King. Trump has already had a mention. It seems like it'll be a very socially political book. It does have a certain mystical aspect as well, which I thing will pick up more later in the book.

146 pages. It's a quick read but I'm liking it much better than some of his longer books. I tend to find excessive detail boring.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings and nukes