Ontopic Search isn't broken now NOOBS - New BOOKS thread

There have already been 51 2019 reading challenges completed on good reads. These people are setting the bar low.

Almost done with The $100 Startup. It sets expectations way to high telling stories about people who end up making 6 figures or more working for themselves. The book tries to say the average person with no skills could do it. I have my doubts average people with no skills will make that much, more than they fail.

I want to read the book that tells about all the people who became homeless quiting their job to do that shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Almost done with The $100 Startup. It sets expectations way to high telling stories about people who end up making 6 figures or more working for themselves. The book tries to say the average person with no skills could do it. I have my doubts average people with no skills will make that much, more than they fail.

I want to read the book that tells about all the people who became homeless quiting their job to do that shit.
Read 4 Hour Workweek, it's much better.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD

The author had the goal of making 6 figures with no skills.
I did it and I have no skills so it's possible.

The author had the goal of making 6 figures with no skills.
I did it and I have no skills so it's possible.
You can drive in that city. That's a pretty good skill. It's on my list of things I never want to attempt again.

There have already been 51 2019 reading challenges completed on good reads. These people are setting the bar low.
Just like you should never ridicule a big dude or lady at the gym, you should never ridicule anyone for reading, even if its only one book. Its better than zero books.

Just like you should never ridicule a big dude or lady at the gym, you should never ridicule anyone for reading, even if its only one book. Its better than zero books.
Who did I ridicule? I said they set the bar low. At the rate they are going they could read 365 books this year. If it took them six months to read 1 book I would not say they set the bar low.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes

Those books don't exist because it probably rarely happens. If you quit your job to do your own thing, the hunger and fear will keep you going. And if it doesn't work out, guess what? You can go back to doing what you did before. You *always* have a parachute, even though it doesn't feel like it.

It's fucking terrifying. @APRIL and I made a lot less money than we made in the corporate world for a very long time. Neither of us regret a thing though.

Those books don't exist because it probably rarely happens. If you quit your job to do your own thing, the hunger and fear will keep you going. And if it doesn't work out, guess what? You can go back to doing what you did before. You *always* have a parachute, even though it doesn't feel like it.

It's fucking terrifying. @APRIL and I made a lot less money than we made in the corporate world for a very long time. Neither of us regret a thing though.
Kind of wish I could quit my job and try it. If only I had a job. I do sling coffee for money but that's more like hanging out with friends than a job.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes