Ontopic Search isn't broken now NOOBS - New BOOKS thread

Went to the library on break looking for Babylon by Bus, I remember it from way back when I worked at a bookstore that it was two guys who went to Iraq during the invasion and sold tshirts. Unfortunately no copies in my library system. There are a couple in montgomery county but they wont loan them.

I ended up with Neil Gamins Norse Gods and Marget Atwood's relatively new book cause I only had 10 minutes and hit up the sci fi section.

Read children of men finally. I loved the movie back in the day, and I still like it but the tone of the book is very different. Less dystopian more gothic. The story is slightly different as well. The protagonist is just kinda a shitty person and the details of the story are different,

Been reading

Fall; or, Dodge in Hell by stephenson. That dude gets weird, and I expect this is going to be like seveneves in which he writes 2.375 books in one, and then just kinda jams an ending in

Been reading

Fall; or, Dodge in Hell by stephenson. That dude gets weird, and I expect this is going to be like seveneves in which he writes 2.375 books in one, and then just kinda jams an ending in
Does a better job with the ending of that one, although I had strong reservations about some of it.
The man needs to just flesh out worlds and then turn them over to others to write about

I’m a chapter in. Good so far. I wrote in my journal after I finished the chapter and it help prompt some ideas about myself.

5E93F1D4-3CD4-46A0-9CA4-BE45C77BFCDF.jpeg

• Gravy
Reactions: tre
Read the entirety of rothfuss's work. That was basically Harry Potter for adults. But he decided to pull a George RR Martin and stop writing halfway through . So that's frustrating

Also started reading the Malazan series. That sure is an enormous amount of pages of books. But they are all tied together in these intricate ways. That's pretty cool

Read the entirety of rothfuss's work. That was basically Harry Potter for adults. But he decided to pull a George RR Martin and stop writing halfway through . So that's frustrating
I remember getting SO GODDAMN frustrated when the second book was delayed for more than a year.
Then I looked up why.

His Mom died. While writing the second, his Dad died.

He gets so much hate from his fandom about delays and such but I know how fucking useless I'd be in that place.
I'm good if he doesn't finish the series.

I remember getting SO GODDAMN frustrated when the second book was delayed for more than a year.
Then I looked up why.

His Mom died. While writing the second, his Dad died.

He gets so much hate from his fandom about delays and such but I know how fucking useless I'd be in that place.
I'm good if he doesn't finish the series.
yeah, at this point, ive read what im gonna read (which is all of it), it was a good read, but I understand that authors are people too