Ontopic Search isn't broken now NOOBS - New BOOKS thread

Been working my way through Brandon Sanderson's fantasy works

Mistborn Trilogy: I finished it, but it was a little to young adulty for my taste, also i didnt particularly like any of the characters and they felt a little shallow.

Stormlight Archive: These are much better, characters have much better definition, world is interesting, etc.

In general he has this flair for setting up innocent things early and often throughout the book (mentioning an earring regularly for example) and then having it be a plot changing device that appears at the climax of the story. Its a very slow burn, and he tends to stretch things out longer than they probably need to be, but its ok.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Been working my way through Brandon Sanderson's fantasy works

Mistborn Trilogy: I finished it, but it was a little to young adulty for my taste, also i didnt particularly like any of the characters and they felt a little shallow.

Stormlight Archive: These are much better, characters have much better definition, world is interesting, etc.

In general he has this flair for setting up innocent things early and often throughout the book (mentioning an earring regularly for example) and then having it be a plot changing device that appears at the climax of the story. Its a very slow burn, and he tends to stretch things out longer than they probably need to be, but its ok.
I read the first two books of The Reckoners. A little YA but not bad.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Domon
Started the Licanius trilogy. About halfway through Shadow Of What Was Lost.

Pretty solid book, so far. Good world building, good fantasy elements. Unfortunately I keep having to restart chapters because shit is happening IRL that necessitates putting the book down

only time i get to read is before bed these days. If i wasnt a dumbass and went to sleep on time, thatd be like half an hour, but i am, and i generally stay up for 1-1.5 hours if the book is sucking me in

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
started reading "Sapiens, a brief history of humankind". was hoping it would be along the lines of Bill Brysons excellent "a short history of nearly everything" but its not. lots of "and then tnis happened" without any details or backup. very disappointing. so far, 3 chapters in, and not a single new thing has been learned.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL