Ontopic Search isn't broken now NOOBS - New BOOKS thread

I've been keeping my goodreads up to date with books this year, notable ones I'd recommend;

Shuggie Bain - Douglas Stuart. Won a bunch of awards back in 2020 and everyone seems to have read it. Not as depressing as I'd been told and well written but the structure was a bit off for me. I've got this guys second book to read next year.

Mick Herron books - Had to read through these since I realised Slow Horses was based on his books. I haven't found any of his non-Slough House books but will try to order some somtime.

Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow - Gabrielle Zevin. Super hyped up book and it was pretty 10/10 to be fair. Really enjoyed reading it, had Joe read it after to see how much fidelity it had to the games industry. It was pretty bang on, but lots of stolen ideas apparently.

Memphis - Tara Stringfellow - Did enjoy this. Reviews on goodreads seem full of people who don't actually comprehend traumatic childhoods happen everywhere.

The Impossibility of Sex - Susie Orbach. Not a new book but she's a damn good feminist psychoanalyst and I love the way she writes.

How Not to Be Wrong: The Art of Changing Your Mind - James O'Brien. Loved this book. He's a great radio host and I found it really touching to hear him be so vulnerable. Probably helped I had this one as an audiobook rather than visual so I could get a natural rhythm to go with his anecdotes.

I'm Glad My Mom Died - Jeannette McCurdy - OMG This was amazing. Everyone should read this. Hilarious, sad and awesome.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I got a copy of Gulliver's Travels for christmas, which I haven't read since highschool. I'll be interesting to see how it comes across when filtered through an additional three decades.

• Haha
Reactions: fly
Is your feeling that he truly did want to be charitable or was it a game? I might buy the book sometime but I honestly have at least 100+ books on piles that I need to read so I should probably halt my purchasing for a while :lol:
He's odd. He knew that crypto wasn't good for the planet, but determined the good he created would be a net positive. The problem was that he got too involved with just making the money to do good that he never really did much good.