Ontopic Scientists believe they've identified what's causing Colony Collapse Disorder

neonicotinoids, right?

ugh, apparently that plus a lot more.

If we kill off the bees, we are destroying our future as agriculturalists. Lets not be dumb

You mean neonicotinoids?

Not really. Looks more like it's fungicides causing it, with a side helping of pesticides. The combination of the two is what's killing 'em big time

thought they kind of settled on that when europe banned it.

you know, after the cell phone thing didn't pan out. Monsanto keeps fighting people on whether or not gmo's are to blame too.

thought they kind of settled on that when europe banned it.

you know, after the cell phone thing didn't pan out. Monsanto keeps fighting people on whether or not gmo's are to blame too.
Nah, Europe banned it as a precautionary measure before they had fully figured out what was going on.

Based on this new evidence, I don't think it will. Something needs to be done, but from the stuff I've been reading, I don't think the ban on those chemicals is it.

The good news is that the people that need the bees are likely causing the problems, so once we have good data there will probably be swift results here - regardless of how Monsanto wants to spin it.