FYI Scientists are smart, you're probably not. Listen to science...

Have you ever asked one?

Would you like a giant needle stuck in your back you couldn't do anything about and just had it hang there for months if not years?

it's not like sharkologists can't identify whether or not sharks have nerve endings at that level for them to feel pain

Have you ever asked one?

Would you like a giant needle stuck in your back you couldn't do anything about and just had it hang there for months if not years?

Well I was going to say that sharks don't feel pain, but I just read a couple of things about their central nervous system, hm. They have pretty big brains, cerebellum, spine, etc. This I did not know.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Well I was going to say that sharks don't feel pain, but I just read a couple of things about their central nervous system, hm. They have pretty big brains, cerebellum, spine, etc. This I did not know.

There's alot of things we don't know. Finding out is cool and all but let's not torture nature along the way shall we?

We know more about what's in outer space than we do about what's in our own oceans.

We (collectively, humans) have a tendency to destroy stuff in order to learn about it instead of learning about stuff in order to keep from destroying it.

That's dumb.

*alot is intentional, just to irk April.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and APRIL
Have you ever asked one?

They're tagged through cartridge, and the tags aren't big. Same shit as a human wearing earrings. I'm sure getting your ears pierced sucks, but I'm sure sharks face lots of things in their lives that suck.

They also surgically implant small tags in salmon and other migratory fish for tracking. They do this shit because in rivers like the Sacramento in California, there's so much damming and hydro plants and shit going on they've pretty much fucked up upstream fish migration. So they try building salmon ladders and fish fences and other stuff to help direct fish upstream, and modify hydro dams or install fish bypasses to try to increase the chances of fish making it through them alive... and tagging/tracking fish ensures that they work.

Another study I recently read about is that fish are attracted to warm water when they're migrating upstream, so if you've got a coal/nuclear/whatever power plant dumping cooling water into the river, fish will hang out around the power plant outlet all confused instead of migrating, and it can result in massive fish kills. To prevent this from happening they have to idle the power plants during fish migration time, or switch to using cooling towers.

They're tagged through cartridge, and the tags aren't big. Same shit as a human wearing earrings. I'm sure getting your ears pierced sucks, but I'm sure sharks face lots of things in their lives that suck.

They also surgically implant small tags in salmon and other migratory fish for tracking. They do this shit because in rivers like the Sacramento in California, there's so much damming and hydro plants and shit going on they've pretty much fucked up upstream fish migration. So they try building salmon ladders and fish fences and other stuff to help direct fish upstream, and modify hydro dams or install fish bypasses to try to increase the chances of fish making it through them alive... and tagging/tracking fish ensures that they work.

Another study I recently read about is that fish are attracted to warm water when they're migrating upstream, so if you've got a coal/nuclear/whatever power plant dumping cooling water into the river, fish will hang out around the power plant outlet all confused instead of migrating, and it can result in massive fish kills. To prevent this from happening they have to idle the power plants during fish migration time, or switch to using cooling towers.

Maybe they should just stop all that shit, get rid of the 80,000+ dams we made, let the critters be critters and have people live within their means.

We wouldn't need this shit if we knew our place, which is not gated communities, manicured lawns, high-rise prison-style condos, and various other #firstworldproblems and actually lived WITH nature instead of trying to control and manipulate it and fucking everything up in the process.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
There's alot of things we don't know. Finding out is cool and all but let's not torture nature along the way shall we?

We know more about what's in outer space than we do about what's in our own oceans.

We (collectively, humans) have a tendency to destroy stuff in order to learn about it instead of learning about stuff in order to keep from destroying it.

That's dumb.

*alot is intentional, just to irk April.
Ihu

You tell em, Hips. These jackass animal abuse apologists sound like Bill OReilly. "well.....yes it IS true the white house was built by slaves........but they had decent lodgings and were well fed......"

• Gravy
tumblr_n5fxpwojDR1qedb29o1_400.gif

Perhaps we should harpoon you with some tracking device and study your sexual habits. Put them on TV and discuss.

From what I've read his sexual habits consist of repping his camry until he gets internet skanks to spread their legs then cries uncontrollably when he learns they don't love him.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer
Maybe they should just stop all that shit, get rid of the 80,000+ dams we made, let the critters be critters and have people live within their means.

We wouldn't need this shit if we knew our place, which is not gated communities, manicured lawns, high-rise prison-style condos, and various other #firstworldproblems and actually lived WITH nature instead of trying to control and manipulate it and fucking everything up in the process.

Wait, weren't you talking about killing a trash panda a while ago because it was bothering you?

Or let me ask it this way: Have you gone sober or what?

• Gravy
Wait, weren't you talking about killing a trash panda a while ago because it was bothering you?

Or let me ask it this way: Have you gone sober or what?

I never got the trash panda. It's too smart to fall for my trap so it gets to live.

Not completely sober but at least more often than not. Getting old sucks. Avoid it if you can.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and MacG