Science quiz

Ok, I was too broad. Who is the common ancestor of Modern man and Neanderthal man?

<shrugs> Dunno. I'm not a paleontologist. In fact, it could be that one hasn't been discovered yet, but a lack of evidence for one example of a process doesn't invalidate evidence gathered for other examples of the same process.

Ok, I was too broad. Who is the common ancestor of Modern man and Neanderthal man?

There are probably millions of species that are, some of them are certainly still alive today.

Honestly, evolution isn't even argued anymore in the scientific community due to the overwhelming evidence. Although a very dry read, The Blind Watchmaker, which was written like thirty years ago is the de facto standard to explain evolution to lay people like ourselves. I suggest reading that and then saying you don't believe in the theory. :)

Anyway, where scientists ARE still arguing is how it all got started. iirc, there are like seven amino acids (which are hugely complex themselves) that are required to pontaneously be created together and that's just to get a single protein - waaaay before we even get to cell structure. Now that, my friend, is crazy...

yeah, I think I missed the one on the Dad's genes question. I don't plan on procreating, so I could care less. I hate kids. If I ever need to become a parent, I'll skip little kids and teenager ages, and adopt someone in their 20s or being a Big Brother.

Sure it does, its part of the universe expanding infinitely. Every point is rotating around every other point...

Not by virtue of those individual points and their individual gravitational pulls though. You lose.