Science quiz

10/11

I got the father's genes wrong. Biology was never a strength.

edit:

I'm going to go with this. So even though I got one 'wrong' I got them all right. Suck it Trebeck.

Read further...

DanaB You are correct as far as the Y chromosome goes, but the gene answer is more precise.

The SRY gene on the Y chromosome is a key determinent of sex. In some cases chromosome rearrangements can lead to individuals that are XX but have a misplaced SRY gene - those individuals are usually phenotypically male. More info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRY

Both the earth and the sun revolve around each other at a point in between. The quiz is a failure. "Test your science knowledge! About only some of the science!" Because that helps us.

Both the earth and the sun revolve around each other at a point in between. The quiz is a failure. "Test your science knowledge! About only some of the science!" Because that helps us.

there's no concrete proof existence as we know it started with the big bang and there is no linear succession from primate to man that we've ever discovered either...they are going with current teachings obviously

Everything is a theory. Its like the theory of you being straight. In reality, so far everything that theory predicts that we can test has come back correct. Technically, the newest revision of the theory should be called The Big Inflation and your theory should be called the The Big Homo.

It was a quiz about how much you know about science, not religion silly. :p

10 out of 11

Last time I checked it called Darwin's Theory not Darwin's Law of Evolution.

:tard::rolleyes:

While I agree with micro-evolution. No one as of now, has been able to prove macro-evolution.

there's no concrete proof existence as we know it started with the big bang and there is no linear succession from primate to man that we've ever discovered either...they are going with current teachings obviously
Since from relatively simple tests we know the universe is expanding, its not too hard to step that back in time...
10 out of 11

Last time I checked it called Darwin's Theory not Darwin's Law of Evolution.

:tard::rolleyes:

While I agree with micro-evolution. No one as of now, has been able to prove macro-evolution.

It's all but law. Hell, even the Catholic church has called it more than a "theory". Macro evolution takes millions of years. You find it shocking that we haven't reproduced that? I find it shocking that you believe in micro evolution (because NO ONE can deny that) but cant make the leap to micro evolution over millions of years...

Technically, since every spot in the universe it its center, they all revolve around Mercury, Mars, Venus, Jupiter, etc - just depends on your viewpoint...

It's all but law. Hell, even the Catholic church has called it more than a "theory". Macro evolution takes millions of years. You find it shocking that we haven't reproduced that? I find it shocking that you believe in micro evolution (because NO ONE can deny that) but cant make the leap to micro evolution over millions of years...

The planet has been around for 4.5+billion years. With life having been around for ~3.4 billion years. You would think that if Darwin was right there would be some evidence of macro evolution.

The planet has been around for 4.5+billion years. With life having been around for ~3.4 billion years. You would think that if Darwin was right there would be some evidence of macro evolution.

Technically, macro evolution only exists because the fossil records is incomplete. If we had every skeleton back 3.4 billion years ago, there would only be micro evolution.