Schumacher to step in for Massa

you have to eat right to drive a car...interesting concept

Uhh
It's not 'driving a car'. Do you know how much physical exertion it takes to drive a grand prix? :wtf: They're not 'drivers', they're athletes.

Thank you!

and that's different than any other racing how? it could be planes, powerboats, nascar, whatever...and that article is on a F1 site with the pure intention of portraying themselves as supermen

Not even close. Nascar may reach 200mph, but they don't slow down as fast then sling around a corner like an F1 driver would. The G forces alone could make lesser men pass out.
Yes, NASCAR cars can go 200mph.

And they don't have fancy electronics like F1 cars do.

No, I'm not a fan of NASCAR - but I do think that removing even more of the human element cheapens racing.
What?

Removing the human element from racing? bahahaha

cornering takes x100 more skill than oval racing..

I also get a laugh at the top speed of these vehicles having anything to do with the athleticism required. Anyone can sit in a vehicle going 200mph. Not many can sit in a vehicle going 0 - 60 in under 3 seconds, and 60 - 0 in under 3 seconds, and doing that all race.

"flappy paddle shifters" /clarkson
He praises F1s " flappy paddle shifters" Some production cars use knock offs. Audi and BMW use dual clutch systems that work pretty much the same. Shifting FASTER than you can think of shifting.

on top of that Schumacher is a racing god. His natural skill is above all others. He often still hauls ass, but I don't know if that will have him ready for an F1 car. Watching the FXX go around the Top Gear track was fucking amazing.

20220833-cdda32c052fbbf50cf912c8abdc555cb.4a71ef68-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
Not even close. Nascar may reach 200mph, but they don't slow down as fast then sling around a corner like an F1 driver would. The G forces alone could make lesser men pass out.

nascar has a couple road courses in their schedule

nascar has a couple road courses in their schedule
right, but they don't possess the same amount of downforce necessary to take those corner at the speeds f1 does, and they also don't accelerate out of the corners as quickly.

my favorite f1 fact is that the acceleration out of a corner is so rapid that the eyeballs get compressed and the driver is unable to focus properly. you sort of drive blind out of corners.

the other interesting thing is the speed you have to maintain in order to keep the car on the road, since the downforce is aerodynamic. if you go too slowly you get an aerodynamic stall and no sticky to the groundie.

it's definitely a badass vehicle to stay in control of, and that's before you worry about hitting your lines, passing other cars, and keeping track of all the technical elements of the car. and then do it all in ridiculously high heat for a very long time without losing focus.

hahah I'm pretty sure you're just trolling here, but

F1
1:13.622 Rubens Barrichello (2004) - Lap record

Nascar
1:43.198 Ron Fellows (2007)

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
213vv5.jpg

that's a scrub driver in canadian nascar
no, I wasn't trolling...merely pointing out that they DO run some road courses

that's a scrub driver in canadian nascar
no, I wasn't trolling...merely pointing out that they DO run some road courses

Your stating it infers that it some how puts them on a level of "taking turns" w/ F1. The best nascar driver could still not come close to F1. I mean look it's 30 fucking seconds PER LAP.