school - quickest way to an associate's degree?

He was just commenting on how being a pilot apparently helped give his uncle a greater opportunity afterwards.

InnerMuse said:
My s.o. got an AA at a "nationally accredited" school in PA only to find out that none of his credits will apply to USF. He has to go and get another AA at a community college before transfering to a state college. Make sure whatever college you go to is also state accredited.

Effin' bastardos
Ouch

Yeah, my school's state accredited (www.clcillinois.edu). People transfer from CLC to DePaul, UIC, Northwestern and a slew of other good schools in the area. Plus the Corps only cares about it being nationally accredited and anything they accept will be transferable to SOCMAR

I talked to a counselor today, told her the situation and what I'm looking for. It'll be tough but it's feasible since I've already got a few credits under my belt and because I can CLEP at least three classes if not more (English - I can reed, Math - I can count [1, 8, 7, 2, 6, 5, 4, 3], and Spanish - I can order enchiladas like a pro). Plus there are a couple of classes that still haven't started that I may be able to get into; some don't start until October.

FlyNavy said:
Ouch

Yeah, my school's state accredited (www.clcillinois.edu). People transfer from CLC to DePaul, UIC, Northwestern and a slew of other good schools in the area. Plus the Corps only cares about it being nationally accredited and anything they accept will be transferable to SOCMAR

I talked to a counselor today, told her the situation and what I'm looking for. It'll be tough but it's feasible since I've already got a few credits under my belt and because I can CLEP at least three classes if not more (English - I can reed, Math - I can count [1, 8, 7, 2, 6, 5, 4, 3], and Spanish - I can order enchiladas like a pro). Plus there are a couple of classes that still haven't started that I may be able to get into; some don't start until October.
I know people born in Puerto Rico that didn't pass the Spanish one. Its supposed to be VERY hard. Don't plan on passing that one.

I got 30 credits by taking:
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - 6 credits
Math - 6 credits
Some life sciences - 3 credits
Business Law - 3 credits
and some others I forget...

If you'll pay for shipping, you're more than welcome to my test book for CLEPs from CollegeBoards.com.

fly said:
I know people born in Puerto Rico that didn't pass the Spanish one. Its supposed to be VERY hard. Don't plan on passing that one.

Math - 6 credits
Business Law - 3 credits

If you'll pay for shipping, you're more than welcome to my test book for CLEPs from CollegeBoards.com.

I got a four on the AP Spanish test :fly:

FlyNavy said:
Ouch

CLEP is ftw! I'll never have to take another math again Mwahahahahahah!!!! However the essay section of the C.L.A.S.T. has my panties in a wad. Good luck to you. Make sure you apply for all the grants and scholarships you possibly can. :D

fly said:

Math - 6 credits
Business Law - 3 credits

I should probably brush up on my spanglish anyways...but if I can't pass that I'll find one of the other ones to CLEP. I can do up to thirty credits with those tests :eek: I'm sure I'll find something I can pass.

How old are the books? :o

InnerMuse said:
CLEP is ftw! I'll never have to take another math again Mwahahahahahah!!!! However the essay section of the C.L.A.S.T. has my panties in a wad. Good luck to you. Make sure you apply for all the grants and scholarships you possibly can. :D
well I don't know if I qualify for any grants or scholarships since I'm 23 and have been out of high school for nearly six years

But student loans should help with most of the cost and Uncle Sam can eventually lend a hand with those. :fly:

FlyNavy said:
I should probably brush up on my spanglish anyways...but if I can't pass that I'll find one of the other ones to CLEP. I can do up to thirty credits with those tests :eek: I'm sure I'll find something I can pass.

How old are the books? :o
Yeah, there are some easy ones in there. I knew NOTHING of business law. :fly:

The book is edition from this year, whatever one that is.

fly said:
Yeah, there are some easy ones in there. I knew NOTHING of business law. :fly:

The book is edition from this year, whatever one that is.
how much?

Now I'm just trying to decide which will be better...AA or AS. I'm still running through all the course listings to see the difference but I actually wouldn't mind having a nice refresher in calculus and statistics.

Last edited:
FlyNavy said:
how much?

Now I'm just trying to decide which will be better...AA or AS. I'm still running through all the course listings to see the difference but I actually wouldn't mind having a nice refresher in calculus and statistics.
shipping. Consider it a small gift for putting your life on the line for America soon.

edit: That being said, I'll pay for shipping. PM me your address if interested.