school - quickest way to an associate's degree?

FlyNavy said:
goddamnit there goes my fucking thread :lol:

damn right he does. flynavy > *
as much as i think it would rock for you to fly
i dont think you'd get waivered to fly with PRK dude
just be a fuckin grunt, get the GI bill, and go for it

AprilsSCAT said:
you see, zengirl?
walk it off man, walk it off.

As far as Flynavy goes... meh I dunno. There's just too many "ifs" and assumptions with the whole deal, I'd be wary. Of all the folks I know that went into the military, not a single one had things go the way their recruiter said. Once you sign on the line, nothing means anything except the fact that the government now owns you, and we all know how much the government's possessions mean to them.

FlyNavy said:
I really haven't spoken to the recruiters regarding aviation. They know it's what I want some time in the future but we've been focusing on getting my foot in the door. Even if I don't get to fly I'll still be a Marine and honestly that's more important to me than the job they put me in. Hell I turned down some pretty nice signing bonuses from the Navy and Army guys and they didn't even care that I didn't have all these credit hours the jarheads want. :o
Ok...i only heard you talking about being a pilot...didnt know that wasn't your primary objective. ;)

fsniper.gif

Stay out of the line that says Operation Human Shield

Last edited:
SchmilK said:
Ok...i only heard you talking about being a pilot...didnt know that wasn't your primary objective. ;)

fsniper.gif
Well now that he's had Battlefield 2 experience, it changes everything

April23 said:
Only if flynavy needs it done.. otherwise bask in your own mean self. Jerk.
eh, leave it. thread has served its' intended purposes

AprilsSCAT said:
as much as i think it would rock for you to fly
i dont think you'd get waivered to fly with PRK dude
just be a fuckin grunt, get the GI bill, and go for it
I know. I know the chances are really slim, I know it's unlikely, I know it's a long shot. I've known that since I was 14. I screwed up in various ways, procrastinated and now it's crunch time but until they flat out say "No, you're not getting into flight school. Ever." I'm going to keep trying.

I'll certainly go for the GI Bill and every other way I can get Uncle Sam to pay for my education. One nice bit about enlisting in Illinois is that it's one of the few states (Texas being the other, iirc) that will pay for one year of schooling at any state college for every year of active duty I put in.

Regardless, I'll be a Marine. Whether or not I make it into flight school, whether or not I get my eyes fixed, whether or not I qualify for Force Recon and scout/sniper school..I'll still be a Marine. I honestly believe that will do more for me than anything else. Once I've met that goal I'll be better equipped to accomplish whatever else I decide to do.

SchmilK said:

fsniper.gif

Stay out of the line that says Operation Human Shield
well it's still my ultimate goal but for now I'm more concerned about getting in. there's a history of military/police snipers in my family, figured I'd give it a shot :o

FlyNavy said:
Regardless, I'll be a Marine. Whether or not I make it into flight school, whether or not I get my eyes fixed, whether or not I qualify for Force Recon and scout/sniper school..I'll still be a Marine. I honestly believe that will do more for me than anything else. Once I've met that goal I'll be better equipped to accomplish whatever else I decide to do.
hope you make it
you know i do man

zengirl said:
He wants to ban his friends. He thinks thats fun
i dont ban friends out of spite, it would be more "i have this power, and you dont, see you in 1 hour"
i mean really now