school - quickest way to an associate's degree?

AprilsSCAT said:
well good luck on the waivers and all.

but let me tell you

meps docs are the absolute detritus of the earth, period. most cant work elsewhere due to licenses being pulled over lawsuits.
:heart:

I'm getting my eyes checked by my regular dr one of these days anyways, I want a new script for colored contacts :fly: Still, last few times I've seen her my vision has been stable (my left eye even got a little better :eek:).

but yeah, the meps guy was kind of a douchebag :lol: I guess that's what happens from having to deal with 17/18 year old dipshits all day long :p

zengirl said:
What is a meps doc and why do they get sued?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MEPS

"freedom's front door":elfpenis:

The United States Military Entrance Processing Command (USMEPCOM) is the division of the Department of Defense which processes applicants and entrants into the Armed Forces of the United States.

USMEPCOM has its headquarters in North Chicago, Illinois and operates through 65 Military Entrance Processing Stations (MEPS) throughout the United States. These stations process entrants and applicants for military service, putting them through a battery of tests and examinations to ensure that they meet the standards required to serve in the Armed Forces. These tests include vision, hearing, blood, and blood pressure tests, a pregnancy test (for women), an examination by a doctor, a height and weight check, urinalysis, a breathalyzer test, a moral/background examination, as well as the Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB).

If candidates are deemed qualified for military service, MEPS is also where they will meet with a service counselor, negotiate and sign enlistment contracts, and swear an entrance oath.

Last edited:
FlyNavy said:

Not to butt in...but section 7 states:
AIR WARFARE. ALL FORMS OF CORNEAL SURGERY ARE DISQUALIFYING.
PRK IS THE ONLY PROCEDURE THAT WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR WAIVER.
(A) AIR WARFARE NEW ACCESSION APPLICANTS HAVING HAD PRK
(CIVILIANS, NROTC, AND NAVAL ACADEMY, AND ENLISTED ACCESSIONS)
MAY BE WAIVERED FOR AVIATION DUTY IF THEY MEET ALL THE FOLLOWING
CRITERIA:

(B) PRE-PRK REFRACTIVE ERROR WAS LESS THAN OR EQUAL
TO PLUS OR MINUS 5.50 (TOTAL) DIOPTERS IN ANY MERIDIAN WITH
LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO PLUS OR MINUS 3.00 DIOPTERS OF CYLINDER
AND ANISOMETROPIA LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO 3.50 DIOPTERS.

You are -6 and -6.5 in each eye. I'm guessing that to get a PRK surgery and successfully get a waiver to bypass the section 7 main requirement is going to be a bit closer to 0, not closer to 10!

Then you have to consider that people spend 4+ years at an Aeronotical Engineering school to become a pilot...you think the USA is going to want someone with 60 credit hours of nothingness and severely poor eyes take flight of a billion dollar vehicle that can take out an entire state if the pilot fucks up?

Not to try and burst your bubble...but you REALY need to talk to someone other than the recruiter if you REALY want to fly...Someone other than the person who gets paid only IF YOU SIGN YOUR LIFE AWAY? As truthful as he may sound/feel...he's nothing more than a sales man in a uniform!! Once you sign the papers to join, his job is done, he gets a bonus, and anything he may have said/done to get you there might not count for anything?

I think you are being sweet talked...

4 years out of highschool and a female friend of mine graduated from Embry Riddle http://www.embryriddle.edu/ with a 3.6gpa . For the 6 years i knew here all she talked about was being a fighter pilot, she had jet posters all over her room and computer and that was her dream. She got a 3/4 paid tuition/boarding scholarship for playing volleyball, had perfect vision, perfect athletics, perfect flight history during class and passed her license exam with flying colors. Upon graduation she went back to her recruiter and, to ensure she didnt join wihtout being the pilot she has been training to be, her case was reviewed and she was rejected to be a figher pilot :( Why? I dont know...but she had more than the requirements needed to fly and they didnt want her.

I'm not trying to be mean...just trying to keep it real and make sure you dont sign yourself up for 4+ years of hell on the ground, not in the air like you want. :(

AprilsSCAT said:
well good luck on the waivers and all.

but let me tell you

meps docs are the absolute detritus of the earth, period. most cant work elsewhere due to licenses being pulled over lawsuits.

lol...who is this?

Edit: OH HEY SLEEMAN

:barf:

Sarcasmo said:
++

I think Schmilk just brought up some very valid points.
He was so afraid of posting it because he didn't want to come off as being mean. :fly: :heart:

AprilsSCAT said:
never had one
unless you count the time
zengirl and i did the naughty
on her bed
once
but there we are

Are you in the MC for realz? OMG like no way. Ill be your best friend.

SchmilK said:
I'm not trying to be mean...just trying to keep it real and make sure you dont sign yourself up for 4+ years of hell on the ground, not in the air like you want. :(
:) honesty is never mean

signing up anyways, they're getting 6 years (plus two inactive reserve) out of me no matter what. if they say no to flight school they say no, I'll be bummed but it won't be the end of the world

that being said the 60 credits is just to get me into the Corps, after that getting the four year degree will be feasible. they don't require an aero engineering degree - though that's exactly what I want to get - to fly, they just require a bachelor's degree of some sort. most navy/marine fighter jocks are english majors :fly:

I really haven't spoken to the recruiters regarding aviation. They know it's what I want some time in the future but we've been focusing on getting my foot in the door. Even if I don't get to fly I'll still be a Marine and honestly that's more important to me than the job they put me in. Hell I turned down some pretty nice signing bonuses from the Navy and Army guys and they didn't even care that I didn't have all these credit hours the jarheads want. :o

zengirl said:
Leave the stupid gimmicks at the other place, k?

[sidebar] For one, that's the most annoying, irritating, stupid gimmick you have, it's disrespectful to me and Ryan, and it's nonsense... just cut it out already. You're completely capable of being a normal person with interesting contributions, why not rely upon that rather than these stupid BS nonsensical ramblings you seem to think pass for humor?
[/sidebar]

kthx

Don't give in, that's exactly what he wants you to do. :omy:

<grabs popcorn>