Halp School Project (Free Bacon and Gravy)

1. To be honest, I'm unsure on how I'm going to do this. I'm thinking about having a sensor in front(or inside) that constantly looks for and attempts to navigate itself toward another sensor that the user would be holding.

2. A typical city sidewalk mainly. I'm still trying to think of ways on how I have it adapt(roll on) to sand since I believe it would be best suited for beaches.

3. I would like to keep it at an average of 4 mph for walking purposes. At max maybe 7 - 10 mph for jogging/running (I know this is a bit of a stretch)

4. Maybe 30 ft. I'm sure the person wants shade so they would try and keep it in close prox with them.

5. I wasn't sure about this one, good question. I'm thinking about having a huge, heavy base for the umbrella to sit in. I'm sure if I do that, the umbrella would just snap.

1. I don't see that working. It can't be line of sight.

4. Not transmitter range, effective range of the vehicle. IE: how long of a distance can it travel on one charge?

Seriously, this is not a good project :/ You'll save yourself a lot of trouble now choosing something else if you have the option.

How about you give us the qualities it has to meet and we'll help you choose a practical one (and one that universities will be impressed with)

Seriously, this is not a good project :/ You'll save yourself a lot of trouble now choosing something else if you have the option.

How about you give us the qualities it has to meet and we'll help you choose a practical one (and one that universities will be impressed with)
This. If you have a legit senior project it will help your college admissions iirc.

This. If you have a legit senior project it will help your college admissions iirc.

I would think that even if the project was not this spectacular things that if it was still able to get patented it would help with college admissions. I don't know that I know of anybody with an actual patent, much less a high school senior

I would think that even if the project was not this spectacular things that if it was still able to get patented it would help with college admissions. I don't know that I know of anybody with an actual patent, much less a high school senior
I would think any sort of patent related to your field of study would be a huge help.

My grandfather has 14 or 16 patents, I forget the number. He's got little plaques hanging in his hallway with the abstract on them. In college I only met 3 or 4 people who had patents, most had gotten them for their senior projects/thesis. It would be pretty awesome to get something patented.

You guys are being douches about his idea. All he wants to do is solve a problem that umbrellas cause and there is a way, just no one wants to be creative enough to solve it.

You guys are being douches about his idea. All he wants to do is solve a problem that umbrellas cause and there is a way, just no one wants to be creative enough to solve it.
Because the problem is easily solved by having another individual hold the umbrella, or wearing other rain gear if hands free dryness is required.

Or, just man up and get wet.

Ta Daaa!

umbr.jpg

Now gimme my bacon.

Y'know, I'd also like to point out that the solution to what he is doing is R.O.P.E.S.
With Remote Operated Personal Exsiccation System, or R.O.P.E.S. you can have your umbrella follow you wherever you go!