WTF Scenario: Society has collapsed, you've been named Overlord!

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,324
Steam
mattressfish
What relatively common item do you decide to use as currency? You can't use any normal, pre-societal collapse currency cause - why the fuck would you do that?

My vote is for paperclips.

ibNukaCola
ibOPcantIB

What relatively common item do you decide to use as currency? You can't use any normal, pre-societal collapse currency cause - why the fuck would you do that?

My vote is for paperclips.

ibNukaCola
ibOPcantIB

barter.

Also, gold.

Paperclips are useless in a post apocalyptic world

I would go with fasteners. Nuts, bolts, nails, etc.
Stainless would last longer, thus would be worth more. Everyone would want nuts and bolts, specialized fasteners would be used to pay off specialized builders, etc etc

most currency is useless.

If i must choose a useful item, im going with mikeawesome's idea of bullets.

Society is what puts importance on 'currency'. Paperclips are more useful than paper notes, yeah? But society says shitty paper notes are far more valuable. Post-apocalypse would definitely be on a barter system, and I say good riddance to useless currency.

I wouldn't use paperclips. Suddenly anyone with access to chicken wire, cable, or any of the other millions of objects that consist of metal wire would be a trillionaire.

I wouldn't use paperclips. Suddenly anyone with access to chicken wire, cable, or any of the other millions of objects that consist of metal wire would be a trillionaire.

Congratulations on pointing out one huge fallacy with capitalist societies.

Again... Bartering. Fuck 'currency'.

As society rebuilds, bartering would fall by the wayside. It's inevitable. You would have to build a society with a useful currency from the ground up.

Not if society is rebuilt differently. I'm the motherf'ing Overlord, remember?

:)

Last edited: