Save Tookie (dead thread)

It's easy to just label it rape when you haven't gazed into those little brown eyes, imploring you to disrobe and get into the cage....

Sarcasmo said:
It's easy to just label it rape when you haven't gazed into those little brown eyes, imploring you to disrobe and get into the cage....

Is it bad that I reflexively tried to visually imagine this scene unfolding?

Sarcasmo said:

we need nev around to write some sarcasmo/lemur kinky fan fiction :lol:

why_ask_why said:
I'd imagine it wouldn't weigh on you too bad as no one knows what lies beyond...what's there to fear? In my non-death row rational mind that's the way I see it.

Belief in a God a Devil or that you will become nothing aside, the fact that your life ends in a certain date, time and location would get to anyone aware of their fate the closer they get to it. Its not like we would know or not but I bet hes severely depressed now.

I find it funny how it got twisted to letting him go free when wasn't the movement at first just to make it life instead of setting him free?

fly said:
He lives on as a Mormon

I won't get into too much religion, but we believe that Tookie is going to heaven, as long as he never denounced God directly, even with the four murders.

KNYTE said:
I won't get into too much religion, but we believe that Tookie is going to heaven, as long as he never denounced God directly, even with the four murders.

Which honestly makes far more sense than hell. If God were love incarnate why would be get off over making people suffer in agony forever just because they fucked up? People are stupid. We're just hung up on vengeance and petty anger and we try to pin that on God too. Our brains are incapable of fathoming the bigger picture.

Well, except mine of course. :shifty:

Valve1138 said:
I say spare him. I'd much rather see a murderer locked up in prison for life, than be executed.
I say you're a nancy boy. Life in prison without possability of parole should by default equal the death penalty. Why spend our tax dollars to feed/clothe these criminals who are garaunteed to spend the rest of their days in prison anyway?

The people that allowed him to waste 25 years in jail deserve to be punished too.

To the argument that he reformed in jail:

So he wrote literature that may have saved a few lives. He still took 4 lives.

What if Hitler had lived long enough to find a cure for cancer? He may haved saved Billions of people. But it doesn't make up for the millions he killed. (Totally theortical. I know he wasn't researching stuff like that and yes he was an evil bastard etc.) I'm trying to just show no matter how much good you do after killing someone you still have to be held accountable for your crime.

Sarcasmo said:
Which honestly makes far more sense than hell. If God were love incarnate why would be get off over making people suffer in agony forever just because they fucked up? People are stupid. We're just hung up on vengeance and petty anger and we try to pin that on God too. Our brains are incapable of fathoming the bigger picture.

Well, except mine of course. :shifty:

Precisely. I talk a big game about the dancing with the devil and whatnot, but don't really believe it. As you've said before "Hell" is being outside of god's care/love forever, and the only way to do that is to come to the realization that there is a god, and still deny him in the end.

KNYTE said:
Precisely. I talk a big game about the dancing with the devil and whatnot, but don't really believe it. As you've said before "Hell" is being outside of god's care/love forever, and the only way to do that is to come to the realization that there is a god, and still deny him in the end.

What do Mormons call glimpsing the truth of the other side? Piercing the veil I believe?

As I get older I grow more and more tired of hatred and anger and death. Executions are just as useless as the senseless crimes that led to them. Instead of 4 people dead, now there are 5. (In the case of Tookie) I don't identify with his crime or even sympathize with him too much. He's accountable for who he is and what he does, says, and thinks. I just don't think anything produtive is accomplished by societal revenge. I never used to care, and in fact would probably be the first to grab a pitch fork and a torch and choke a bitch.

But as I get older and my own mortality becomes more and more obvious I start to obsess about people doing everything they can before the end to make this a better place for everyone, and peoples' failures annoy me. I feel like both the criminal and their death are failures of equal magnitude. 52 wasted years, culminating in the point of no return.

CletusJones said:
I say you're a nancy boy. Life in prison without possability of parole should by default equal the death penalty. Why spend our tax dollars to feed/clothe these criminals who are garaunteed to spend the rest of their days in prison anyway?
Because possibly HALF the people we put to death may be innocent. It should be the prisioner's choice. If he doesn't want to live in prision, he can die at any time and for any crime he choses.