WTF Sarcasmo is beating off to cancer

if it makes you feel better, i in no way want to be near your legs.

edit: unless i'm gonna nancy kerrigan you

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Nancy_Kerrigan_Biography_2.jpg

Class 4 melanoma, which is slightly better than Class 5, the worst. That means it extends down into your deep tissue and puts you at high risk of metastasis, which is what kills people. Class 4 melanoma is not the same thing as Stage 4 cancer, however. So don't think I'm going to die next week.

Metastatic melanoma is notoriously resistant to chemo, radiation, and immuno boosters for some reason. A friend of mine died at 27 from this, and an acquaintance of mine died from it last Friday night, oddly. It's weird, and yesterday sucked. I spent 10 hours in the hospital while they assaulted my lymphatic system. Poking, injecting radioactive liquids, scanning with big machines, and then finally removing some lymph nodes to send off for histochemical testing. They must have jabbed me with needles 20 or 30 times yesterday. If it spreads, I'm pretty much f*cked. The mortality rate is high. One day at a time though.

You can get melanoma anywhere you have skin. It isn't always about sun exposure or genetics. Anyone can get it at any time. What may have saved me was a completely random trip to the dermatologist, who I hadn't been to in 15 years. A random, normal looking mole on my left thigh caught her attention immediately and she biopsied it that day. That was a month ago.

We'll see. The aches and pains I have in my abdomen worry me. A lot. I don't know yet if it's all related or just the result of worrying sick for a month. First things first. Getting my lymph results back on Thursday or Friday.

Sarc-mo, I hope you feel better soon and that they are able to take care of this. Much :heart: and prayers to you.

Last edited:
That's what I said while sitting in the waiting room today watching people who clearly had a lot of problems come and go. I had it good, multiple surgeries and sh*tloads of stress notwithstanding. If not for the most random dermatology visit on record a couple months ago, however, this would have ended poorly. The oncologist tried to communicate that to me today but I was having none of it. I just wanted to leave after I got my results. I heard him, though. From now on it's every 6 months like clockwork. It had been 15 years since my last.

Get those godd*mn moles and freckles checked, people.

I have to do the same thing, every 6 months. It's no shit to mess with.

:heart:

just made a derma appt for nov. 15th. thanks for the unfortunate reminder, sarc <3
female doctor doing a full body check. :lol:

All of you. I am serious. Do it. I now have a rubber hose sticking out of my thigh, from which my leg urinates. The entire process sucks, so don't go through it.

It's weird that, after hearing all of this, I'm pretty sure I got off a lot easier than you did. Hang tough, brotasaurus.

All of you. I am serious. Do it. I now have a rubber hose sticking out of my thigh, from which my leg urinates. The entire process sucks, so don't go through it.

God dammit. You've got me pondering it. I wonder how much a screening costs, since I have to pay out of pocket for it.