WTF Sarcasmo is beating off to cancer

Class 4 melanoma, which is slightly better than Class 5, the worst. That means it extends down into your deep tissue and puts you at high risk of metastasis, which is what kills people. Class 4 melanoma is not the same thing as Stage 4 cancer, however. So don't think I'm going to die next week.

Metastatic melanoma is notoriously resistant to chemo, radiation, and immuno boosters for some reason. A friend of mine died at 27 from this, and an acquaintance of mine died from it last Friday night, oddly. It's weird, and yesterday sucked. I spent 10 hours in the hospital while they assaulted my lymphatic system. Poking, injecting radioactive liquids, scanning with big machines, and then finally removing some lymph nodes to send off for histochemical testing. They must have jabbed me with needles 20 or 30 times yesterday. If it spreads, I'm pretty much f*cked. The mortality rate is high. One day at a time though.

You can get melanoma anywhere you have skin. It isn't always about sun exposure or genetics. Anyone can get it at any time. What may have saved me was a completely random trip to the dermatologist, who I hadn't been to in 15 years. A random, normal looking mole on my left thigh caught her attention immediately and she biopsied it that day. That was a month ago.

We'll see. The aches and pains I have in my abdomen worry me. A lot. I don't know yet if it's all related or just the result of worrying sick for a month. First things first. Getting my lymph results back on Thursday or Friday.

Last edited:
Class 4 melanoma, which is slightly better than Class 5, the worst. That means it extends down into your deep tissue and puts you at high risk of metastasis, which is what kills people. Class 4 melanoma is not the same thing as Stage 4 cancer, however. So don't think I'm going to die next week.

Metastatic melanoma is notoriously resistant to chemo, radiation, and immuno boosters for some reason. A friend of mine died at 27 from this, and an acquaintance of mine died from it last Friday night, oddly. It's weird, and yesterday sucked. I spent 10 hours in the hospital while they assaulted my lymphatic system. Poking, injecting radioactive liquids, scanning with big machines, and then finally removing some lymph nodes to send off for histochemical testing. They must have jabbed me with needles 20 or 30 times yesterday. If it spreads, I'm pretty much f*cked. The mortality rate is high. One day at a time though.

You can get melanoma anywhere you have skin. It isn't always about sun exposure or genetics. Anyone can get it at any time. What may have saved me was a completely random trip to the dermatologist, who I hadn't been to in 15 years. A random, normal looking mole on my left thigh caught her attention immediately and she biopsied it that day. That was a month ago.

We'll see. The aches and pains I have in my abdomen worry me. A lot. I don't know yet if it's all related or just the result of worrying sick for a month. First things first. Getting my lymph results back on Thursday or Friday.

Hug!!!!!

Thank you for sharing with us. Someone here leaked...:shifty:

:heart:

Ugh. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I have some great resources for you if you need them.

Duke survived brain cancer, you really gonna let him show you up by succumbing to a measly little mole? We'll never hear the end of it. Pussy.

Dude. I saw the update on FB, but this sucks, but not as bad as them NOT finding it. It's these 'Lucky that they found it' things that are usually the one's you survive and get a good Nietzsche lesson from. But your young, your strong, and your gay, so you'll pull through.

Oh wait, My bad. You're not young. :fly:

Anyway, come to tampa, I'll blast your crotch with the Linac for free a few times and blow that cancer away.

Seriously, it's good to worry, but it does sound like you found it soon enough.

WTF is it with this place and it's desire to kill it's posters off, anyway?

Stay strong man. I'll send you pix of me putting butterflies in my anus if you pull through.

Duke survived brain cancer, you really gonna let him show you up by succumbing to a measly little mole? We'll never hear the end of it. Pussy.

F'realz. Don't be a pussy.