WTF Sarcasmo is beating off to cancer

it takes the doctor four months and a day and a half to look at all my spots. i have freckles, moles, beauty spots, age spots, skin tags, birthmarks, white spots that i don't know what they are...

i've had two babies vaginally. i've had gyno appts every year. never have i been so uncomfortable as i was in the dermatologist's office, being examined that closely. i guess if it's NOT uncomfortable, they didn't do their job thoroughly.

my last appt. was a couple of years ago. now you've got me thinking, too. especially since my grandmother was just diagnosed with cancer. again. and my aunt died of it.

ok time to pop an atavan. :(

God dammit. You've got me pondering it. I wonder how much a screening costs, since I have to pay out of pocket for it.

Mine was $94 for a check up but it didn't seem like a full exam. She only looked over my shoulders and arms (where my freckles are) for about 2 minutes and that was it.

Last edited:
Mine was $94 for a check up but it didn't seem like a full exam. She only looked over my shoulders and arms (where my freckles are) for about 2 minutes and that was it.

Did you think to say "Check everywhere, please. Just to be sure."

It's okay to do that, you know.

Did you think to say "Check everywhere, please. Just to be sure."

It's okay to do that, you know.

Well I answered her question where were the areas that were most changing that I have recognized so I did. If I thought a full body scan was an option, I would have done that.

An option? It's a dermatologist. And your body is covered in dermatologicalness. The entire thing. Sealed up like a pork chop in a pink bag. Of course it's an option silly.

It's hard to imagine either way is easier.

I got lucky. Aside from the first 4 or 5 days, the rest of the time was just spent taking it easy. By week 3 I was itching to get back into the swing of things, even though I really shouldn't have done shit until week 5.

Couple times I was driving with double vision because I'm stubborn and stuff. Nothing like the downtime and after effects you're dealing with though, Sarc. One thing I did find out though, make the most of the downtime so when your back and rollin' you don't look back as it being wasted.

Like, for instance, I caught up on General Hospital. That was pretty huge.

they were essentially an older brother and sister as they were closer to my age than my mom's. 10 and 12 years older.

Duke, you're plugged into the docs around here. Can you recommend a good dermatologist or two?

I'll ask if anyone has some recommendations. Mostly we deal with Oncologists and GP's, but maybe someone might have a good insite.