Salmon de valve

He already is. WHY ARE YOU ALL THE WAY IN THE ARCTIC CIRCLE SMALL, VIRGINAL BOY??? :drool:

wow, i don't have a problem with people calling my wife hot or anything, but that's just a whole new level of WTF

That's exactly what she needs to do. But she's 30 and we've been fighting this same fight for over 8 years but I'm just getting too tired to keep forcing her to live her life. I can't seem to make her see that she's the source of most her own problems. Like most of us are.

I feel your pain bro. I guess we're more alike than we know.

*okay, so I just typed 3 paragraphs about my own experience with this. prob best not to publish.

suffice it to say, the wife and I are always trying to figure out how to get it all done.

Sounds like at the age of 30 well...in my opinion if you reach 30 without growing up then you never really will do. My ex just turned 30 when I left him, he was basically a 16 year old in a 30 years olds body. Yeah he paid his bills, but he didn't like doing house work etc. etc. so I left him. Much easier for me to say than for you seeing as you're married with a kid. But just to clarify that they never grow up, his father is 65 and still a raging raving hippy.

I agree. We're going through a rough spot but I'm hoping I'm starting to get through to her. I'm the bad guy lately because I want her to act responsible and do any type of housework and take care of her bills on time. The problem with having someone that is so free spirited is that sometimes they resent the people that grounds them. It's frustrating but I'm hoping she snaps out of it.

:heart:

Good luck Bro.

I agree. We're going through a rough spot but I'm hoping I'm starting to get through to her. I'm the bad guy lately because I want her to act responsible and do any type of housework and take care of her bills on time. The problem with having someone that is so free spirited is that sometimes they resent the people that grounds them. It's frustrating but I'm hoping she snaps out of it.

You're an awfully good spouse too. :heart: I'm not sure if I'd have it in me to keep fighting like you do. Your boy is very lucky to have you as a rolemodel.

They're never too young to help out.

picture.php

I know, and I admit, having them not help clean up more is my fault, it's just so much easier to do it myself (although my youngest loves helping me clean out the dishwasher and attempts to put more soap in it any chance he gets).

My middle child is also very into pretend cooking, he filled up a couple pots full of baby wipes yesterday, put lids on them, then put them in the oven and turned it on yesterday. I think I need to start having him help me cook on a regular basis so I can teach him the proper, safe way to do things.

That's exactly what she needs to do. But she's 30 and we've been fighting this same fight for over 8 years but I'm just getting too tired to keep forcing her to live her life. I can't seem to make her see that she's the source of most her own problems. Like most of us are.

Do you know what the definition of insanity is?

At the risk of sounding like a dick, you're not going to get what you seek from her. People rarely change and it's NEVER at the prodding of someone else.

then WTF do you suggest he do Fly?

give up?

not say anything and progress never be made?

and i am not a hemophradite.

Get used to what ya got, that's what I'm saying. People don't change (for long). That's what I meant about the definition of insanity question.

Albert Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”.