sales tax holiday

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
just saw on the news it's a GA sales tax holiday starting today through sunday...there is no sales tax on clothes, school supplies and computers to give families a break in gearing up their kids to go back to school...think I'm going to go do a minor overhaul on my wardrobe...need some new work clothes and casual clothes...what are you GA people going to be buying? do you people in other states have this?

Yeah, they do that here once a year, and on that weekend I barricade myself in the house with ammo & beer. People go insane for that shit and I want no part of it.

Yeah, they do that here once a year, and on that weekend I barricade myself in the house with ammo & beer. People go insane for that shit and I want no part of it.

I'm on a 3 day mini vacation right now so if I go hit up a couple stores this morning I'll get there before the masses and while there's still good shit to be had

Ohio doesn't do that. Because we have laws from the 1800's in how to fund out schools, we need that sales tax badly.

I am not aware of this happening in Utah ever. Oh well, I just bought a whole bunch of clothes for the kids and will be purchasing shoes in the next couple weeks anyway. Oh, and I buy them all online so I don't have sales tax anyway.

I am not aware of this happening in Utah ever. Oh well, I just bought a whole bunch of clothes for the kids and will be purchasing shoes in the next couple weeks anyway. Oh, and I buy them all online so I don't have sales tax anyway.

Technically, at least in Ohio, you do. You are supposed to declare any spending on the internet and get Ohio sales taxed. Of course no one ever does, but for 2007 they are supposed to crack down more during tax time.

that's great in theory but not being able to try stuff on ftl

Technically, at least in Ohio, you do. You are supposed to declare any spending on the internet and get Ohio sales taxed. Of course no one ever does, but for 2007 they are supposed to crack down more during tax time.

Yea, they do have that law in Utah too.

that's great in theory but not being able to try stuff on ftl

I don't buy online stuff for me very often (occasionally, but not often), it's mostly just for the kids, and they are fairly easy to figure out, I bought Ky 12 months last time, so for Fall clothes, we get 18 month. The baby isn't born yet, so I bought him 0-3 month, etc.

Yea, they do have that law in Utah too.

I don't buy online stuff for me very often (occasionally, but not often), it's mostly just for the kids, and they are fairly easy to figure out, I bought Ky 12 months last time, so for Fall clothes, we get 18 month. The baby isn't born yet, so I bought him 0-3 month, etc.

ah, that makes sense then