Sad site at the Mercedes Benz dealership today.

G-Shock

Flaccid Member
Feb 25, 2009
Dallas
Marklar
₥0
So I bring my CLK in to have the CD changer fixed and the car version coded to XENON present. They tell me they want $230 to do this.... I tell him he is freaking crazy. So I just tell them to fix the changer under warranty for now. I'm kinda upset and walking around the dealership when I see a set o keys w/ a note attached to them. I feel bad cause I was nosy and read the note. It said he is a man w/ a single income and he lost his job. He said he can no longer afford it and was to embarrassed to bring it in and sign the papers face to face. It was a long and sad note. I turned the keys over to the sales manager. It's obvious that my luck is not as bad as others. :(

So if he turned in the Yaris it would make a difference? Not saying that I'm crying for him just that it had to suck to do it.

I don't see how it makes a difference on the car, I'd think he would just sell it, but seeing as it was a lease it looks like he was kinda stuck w/ it. I see what Valve is saying, but I don't think it should depend on what car was lost. Hell look up MB world this guy had a $160k AMG CL63 and it got repoed he asked for some help and forum members gave him $7800 to get it back. He works in Hollywood and was affected by the strike.

It does matter what kind of car it is. MB is an image; quite frankly they are shitty cars with EXPENSIVE repairs that happen right as the warranty goes out.

It was a poor financial decision on his part. No matter about the economy.

i can think of a lot of things more shitty than having to give back a car you can't afford...

i can think of a lot of things more shitty than having to give back a car you can't afford...

Yeah, like looking at your children that have not showered in days while they ask what is for dinner after they have missed breakfast and lunch.

Can't give them water since it has been turned off. Then one of them dies in the bath tub... isn't it ironic?

It does matter what kind of car it is. MB is an image; quite frankly they are shitty cars with EXPENSIVE repairs that happen right as the warranty goes out.

MB has cut its profits from $3 billion to $1billon to increase quality.

They are rated 3rd in J.D. Power for least amount of problems. They had a bad run in the mid to late 90s but that was it. My 92 300E was named one of the most over engineered cars ever made.

So quite frankly your fucking wrong ;)

Yeah, like looking at your children that have not showered in days while they ask what is for dinner after they have missed breakfast and lunch.

Can't give them water since it has been turned off. Then one of them dies in the bath tub... isn't it ironic?
It's not ironic because you mentioned irony.

Though most places they cant turn off water even if you dont pay. Or electricity. In the city I live next to there is a municipal injunction that prevents the utilities from turning off any services. So they go after the people who live outside the limits :lol: *cry*

It's not ironic because you mentioned irony.

Though most places they cant turn off water even if you dont pay. Or electricity. In the city I live next to there is a municipal injunction that prevents the utilities from turning off any services. So they go after the people who live outside the limits :lol: *cry*

around here they cant turn off your gas during winter, thats about it. anything else can be shut off whenever.

Agreed. I know two retired Colonels. One has to have the one has to have the "luxury" brand. The other Colonel goes for the well made 4 door sedan at the cheapest price possible.

around here they cant turn off your gas during winter, thats about it. anything else can be shut off whenever.
Some people I know peripherally walked away from a $60k electrical bill, I got my power turned off the exact same day the bill was due.

They are afraid of people freezing in florida? o_O

tinyviolin.jpg