Sad Blog

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
So I just found out yesterday that one of my best friends dad has 2 or so days to live. He has been trying to get a kidney for quite some time now but the last one that he had lined up for some reason didnt match. They decided that there was nothing more they could do for him and now he is at home. He used to be my dads bestfriend yet they havent talked for awhile now. When we were younger my father and his father tried to get Jason and I to meet for years. We always avoided this meet as much as possible because it was just a parent thing and we were young. Finally we met and became best friends and always will be. I love his father as I love my own and it is so dam hard knowing how much pain Jason and the family will go threw in the next couple of days. I talked to Jason's grandma today, which has always treated me as her grandchild, and she was barely holding herself together. She has always been the backbone for Jason and I when we lost friends, especially this year so it is hard hearing her cry. I have been holding it back all day and now I cant hold it anymore. I guess I just needed to post here to let it out.

With all this technology we have how in the hell can doctors just send someone home to die. I just dont feel that it isnt right and am very pissed off that it has to end this way. It seems that most people can accept but for some reason I cannot. How is there nothing more they can do? I watch all these dam shows about transplants and modern medicine. Is it just because he isnt a millionaire. Sorry, no need to reply I just had to get this off my chest, it was eating at me. I dont know, just keep him in your prayers if you could. Maybe some miracle will end up happening, just gotta stay hopefull I guess :(

Last edited:
:(

C'est la vie, mon ami.

We are, all of us, slaves to circumstances beyond our control. As sad as things are, it is your job to do what you can to ease any suffering. It is a heavy, but sometimes necessary, load to bear. I wish you the best.

:( i'm very sorry to hear of your pain. it seems the best thing you can do is make the best of remaining time. make jokes, or hold hands, or pray, or cry, or tell him the good things you are going to remember about him. tell him what you've told us. let him know he's made a difference in your life. take this moment and make it special, no matter how sad it's going to be.

:heart:

I guess I had found out to late and about an hour after I talked to his mother(jasons grandma) he had passed on in his sleep. Thank you for your replys and caring. This will be a hard week and its nice to know that even strangers to him will have his family in your hearts.

Thanks again guys for your support. It is weird cause I have gone threw alot of this during the year but everytime it never truely sets in right away. I guess your mind doesnt know how to realize you will never see this person again, I dunno.

I'd try to answer any of the questions in your above post, but that's not for this thread.

My condolences and best wishes. Be strong.