Pics Sacramento > Tampa

gee

Finally a new goddamn title
Sep 29, 2012
Halifax
Marklar
₥35,565
Work sent me to Sacramento to meet with some people and do some shit. Can't talk in great deal about that, but it was a fun trip. I took a picture or three.

Day 1.

Halifax to NJ. Holy shit, a half ounce of pretzels? how the hell can the airline afford that?
GUsd16Dh.jpg

Had a 2 hour layover at the NJ airport. Spent $28 USD (not my money thank fuck) on a pizza. And the crust was burnt, and the bottom was soggy like a lasagna noodle. I suppose they aren't really trying to retain customers at an airport, so fuck it, why care.
x4gMsWVh.jpg

Waiting another hour on the fucking plane in the lineup to take off for Sacramento. Air travel makes me say fuck a lot. I can't help it.
WI2PIbKh.jpg

Almost there.
wltIyZml.png

Waiting for my bags at the airport, and missus here had a doberman/pitty cross. What a big 'ol sook.
Rdob1kwh.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and adi
Day 2

Went out to do work stuff the following day. The locals suggested going out for lunch somewhere, I mentioned Halifax has fuck all for good mexican food so they dragged us out to their favorite mexican joint in the area. "Get the super wet burrito", they recommended. That burrito in the center was the size of a fucking wine bottle, and it was full of green chile carnitas, and I ate the whole fucking thing, and it burnt a hole in my stomach, and I was miserable for a while, and it was fucking worth it. Goddamn it was good.
yLBjNcRh.jpg

Went for a walk around downtown that evening to walk off that burrito. Some trees 'n shit.
L0l3oHXh.jpg

Capitol building
lxGf01Xh.jpg

Metal artwork on the side of a parking garage
ixHlmfJh.jpg

Uh...
iBr2eIph.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Day 3

Out on the boat the following day, doing work shit. Lots of farming goes on in the Sacramento Delta. The Delta Provides.
mzoZraJh.jpg

Beautiful day on the water.
kQrrEhqh.jpg

Back downtown again, went for another walk, and found Xenu.
xIoZYqrh.jpg

More mexican, went to a high end spot this time. It was bloody hot and we had a busy day, and this pitcher of margaritas was so damn good.
bZmBjRZh.jpg

Foood. Mexican food is officially ruined for me now.
li8Q25Bh.jpg

Day 4

hi2u from Steamboat Slough. Today's mission: hop in a kayak and row around doing more science shit. It was hot as balls and there was no wind, but plenty of current in the river to row against, and lots of jackasses who don't slow down for the 5mph zone. Hard day at work.
ooyiXtJh.jpg

Everyone in the boat fucked off and left alone for half an hour. They brought me back food truck tacos though. I'll forgive 'em.
qUsSj8eh.jpg

After that adventure, I needed a fucking beer. The locals took us to a microbrewery in their area, and from there to "their favorite dive bar" that specializes in seafood. I walked into the place, saw this, thought "are you fucking serious, where the fuck did you take us..."
TfP8hpth.jpg

Oh, and the food was awesome. Had more than a couple drinks that night. Great bunch of people.
Uwbz0cxh.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Day 5

Out the following day again, slightly hung over, doing more kayaking. This time my co-worker did most of the work, he's barely visible on the right.
McbXwrjh.jpg

Went out for food that night. This little guy wouldn't leave me alone, just laying the eyes on me and whimpering, begging for food or pats or whatever. Which was OK.
LVJPUATh.jpg

...until "peak hipster" dog owner got pissed off at me for touching her dog.
Nj4ZG9Lh.jpg

Tonight's food was from a "modern italian" place: pork barbacoa fusili with cilantro, sour cream and habanero pesto. My fuck was it ever good. I may have snuck the doggo a noodle out of spite, pretending to drop it by accident. Hipster really didn't like me at that point, and went off on me to "be more careful because there's people around me with dogs and I should know they're going to go after dropped food." Oops.
nvIXN17h.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and adi
Day 6.

Beautiful calm day on the Sacramento River, and hotter than balls. No kayaking today though, thank fuck.
6uUFl6Lh.jpg

vaqv2uuh.jpg

NyIols6h.jpg

5wlHNgGh.jpg

Went out for beer that night with the locals, to Bike Dog Brewing. Left to right: mexican lager, grapefruit san dog, "smoked salt gose with cantaloupe", and nitro milk stout. All of it was good. The mexican lager tasted like a fried corn tortilla and was way too easy to drink, I put it on the sampler as a palate cleanser but probably liked it the most.
cZDiZ53h.jpg

And from there, we went to Broderick Restaurant & Bar, another dive bar looking place with fucking incredible food. Took the opportunity to order a burger medium rare, something you can't legally do here in Nova Scotia. Fuck, first mexican, now burgers are ruined for me.
Z3fv21qh.jpg

Day 7.

Early fucking rise, heading home. Did you know that literally everything in California gives you cancer?
Kl2MoKPh.jpg

Sacramento -> SF -> Montreal -> Halifax. Fuck I hate flying.
juERMi6h.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and adi
Congratulations on visiting Canada's shorts.

We may do a lot of things wrong, but we do have a share of good varied food.

It's why we're so fat.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Day 7.

Early fucking rise, heading home. Did you know that literally everything in California gives you cancer?
Kl2MoKPh.jpg

Sacramento -> SF -> Montreal -> Halifax. Fuck I hate flying.
juERMi6h.jpg
“That’ll give you cancer in California” is a common saying around here. Luckily where seldom in California so we’re good.

:lol: CALIFORNIA gives you cancer.

There's actually starting to be some pushback about that retarded Prop65 warning about cancer causing agents and shit. Turns out, almost everything can contain a cancer causing agent. We are soon going to change the name of the state from California to Prop65.

• Gravy
Reactions: kiwi