Running and fitness question.

Who you calling geek?

pic03.jpg

i'd do a few diffrerent methods of cardio, just so you don't plateau easily and it keeps things interesting. like swimming, biking, rowing, ddr...

El Borracho said:
Is it unhealthy to run more than 3 miles a day, everyday, 7/52?

I'm attempting to start a fitness regime to compensate for no longer playing baseball and instead of working out and wait lifting, i'll just run instead. I need the cardio more than the muscle gain.
No, but it will tax your muscles and possibily your knees if you stick to just pavement running

Will you be running on trails?

Try something like 6 miles Mon, Wed, Friday and take the weekend off

Your legs will thank you - and your endurance building will be just fine

I don't like to run, lift weight, do situps, squats, or aerobics. I have found minimal plesure in yoga and pilates, but that won't get rid of my huge ass or my beer gut. I still pay for a gym membership every month and I haven't been since June of 04.

I started jumping rope while watching TV recently. Kimie thinks it will bother our downstairs neighbors, but I'm armed, and they aren't (that I know of) :shifty:.

fly said:
I only have pavement. Should I run on the grass beside it?
If you're running 6 miles a week you're fine on just pavement with a good pair of running shoes - Besides running in just grass fucking sucks and is actually too soft since there's like zero stability that can be hard on your knees for other reasons

When I said trail I meant like a real trail in the woods somewhere with dirt and leaves, that's the best.

but your fine on just road at 6 miles a week

KNYTE said:
I started jumping rope while watching TV recently. Kimie thinks it will bother our downstairs neighbors, but I'm armed, and they aren't (that I know of) :shifty:.
yeah man jumping rope is hardcore

Bubbles said:
I don't like to run, lift weight, do situps, squats, or aerobics. I have found minimal plesure in yoga and pilates, but that won't get rid of my huge ass or my beer gut. I still pay for a gym membership every month and I haven't been since June of 04.

I don't like to do any of those either. They are boring, so I'll just continue with my regular fitness routine. (Which at the moment is nothing).

Although we just got On Demand and they have exotic dancing fitness programs on there I might try out someday.

kiwi said:
I don't like to do any of those either. They are boring, so I'll just continue with my regular fitness routine. (Which at the moment is nothing).

Although we just got On Demand and they have exotic dancing fitness programs on there I might try out someday.

You and I are going to get along juuuuuust fine. :cool:

Bubbles said:

Gym guilt. Feel guilty about not going so you figure paying a fine every month makes up for it a little bit.

I wish I had time to trail run around here.

I'd probably do better runnning if I just went running in the ghetto with T-Shirts like "Whitey Rules!" and "Pick me some cotton!" If nothing else I'd sure as hell be running faster.

b_sinning said:
Gym guilt. Feel guilty about not going so you figure paying a fine every month makes up for it a little bit.

I wish I had time to trail run around here.

I'd probably do better runnning if I just went running in the ghetto with T-Shirts like "Whitey Rules!" and "Pick me some cotton!" If nothing else I'd sure as hell be running faster.

And they say there's no place for racisim in the world. I believe you've just proved everybody wrong, sir.