RTS Fans: Age of Empires 3 is out.

theacoustician said:
Civ3 was so damn hard it simply wasn't fun anymore.

I only made it through about 2 complete rounds and had my ass thoroughly kicked both times...moved on to a new computer and never got around to installing it again

Whizzleteets said:
click fest? you never played diablo did you...

my roommates and i used to sit and play total annhilation all day long, and aoe after that died out. i thought aoe II was pretty damn good, so i'll have to go get this one.

Yeah, I've played Diablo and Diablo 2. I actually enjoyed those, though. The Diablo games are totally mindless. It's like playing an pretty game of whack-a-mole.

why_ask_why said:
looks cool...the only game I've played like this was civ3...anyone played both and if so, thoughts?

Civ3 and AOE are totally different kinds of games. AOE is more like Command & Conquer or Starcraft or Dune 2 or Warcraft or any number of crappy realtime strategy games that have been released over the years.

Civ, as you know, is a turn based game. Civ type games tend to be deeper, but the RTS games provide more action and stuff blowing up.

itburnswhenipee said:
Civ3 and AOE are totally different kinds of games. AOE is more like Command & Conquer or Starcraft or Dune 2 or Warcraft or any number of crappy realtime strategy games that have been released over the years.
I hate you.

itburnswhenipee said:

Civ, as you know, is a turn based game. Civ type games tend to be deeper, but the RTS games provide more action and stuff blowing up.

ah, cool...thanks for the info...with that in mind I'll check out AOE for sure then...I like'em crappy ;)