Thread Roll call: Start of another working week

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,113
*sigh*

Had a good but busy and stressful weekend. Decided last weekend to organise a Squat Olympics day so that took place yesterday, I came first in 2 of the 5 events I took part in then I was pretty wiped out from adjudicating and keeping everything organised. Moved into my new bedroom on Saturday, carpeted it and moved furniture in, not got all my stuff hauled in but that will follow. Will perhaps take some pics tonight so you can see the finished product as well as the 'in progress' pics. :)

Anyway to the check in: Dreary day, wet and cold and I happened to choose today to wear an above the knee dress and flip-flops. :( Not looking forward to working this week - I'd like to go home and go off to a rustic countryside hotel for a week or two with my fella to relax and block the world out.

Anyway how are you guys?

Despite having Monday off, I still managed to work over 60 hours last week.

:waw:

Not looking good for this week either.

Ouch. New job role or just a shit ton of work?

One of my colleagues was off for 2 weeks (back at work today) and because she's such a sweetie and works her ass off everytime I'm off I worked extra to clear all her work so she didn't come back to a heavy workload. Instead of dealing with just my usualy 3 doctors I was working for 7 for two weeks. Was fairly manic. Didn't help that I stepped on my glasses at the beginning of the second week in and could barely see my monitor. :lol:

I couldn't fall asleep last night so I'm really tired today. My officemate is off the rest of the week so I'm going to have to cover for him. joy

I went to bed really late but realised my phone had died and I couldn't be bothered to find a capable man, a battery, an inverter etc. in order to charge it up for my alarm so had to trust my body to wake me up. As it happens my body failed me but somebody was walking around above mmy head and that woke me, I listened out and figured there were too many cars driving outside for it to be 6.30am so decided to get up. Managed to make it in in time. :D

I went to bed really late but realised my phone had died and I couldn't be bothered to find a capable man, a battery, an inverter etc. in order to charge it up for my alarm so had to trust my body to wake me up. As it happens my body failed me but somebody was walking around above mmy head and that woke me, I listened out and figured there were too many cars driving outside for it to be 6.30am so decided to get up. Managed to make it in in time. :D

You were very lucky. No way would I trust myself to wake up on my own. My pets tend to try to wake me up around the time I get up but I'm getting better at ignoring them.

You were very lucky. No way would I trust myself to wake up on my own. My pets tend to try to wake me up around the time I get up but I'm getting better at ignoring them.

Quite often I wake up pretty much exactly a minute before my alarm, my body clock is pretty well tuned and even moreso now that I live in a place with no clocks and often no mobile phones. You learn to tell the time by the sky. ^__^

my only work responsibility today is to drive three hours to a job site and check into a hotel. though my travel manager screwed up and booked me two rental cars so I have to get that taken care of before I leave

week's looking good except for some irs stuff I have to figure out

funny-pictures-box-cats-are-bored.jpg