Marklar
₥21,495
What's ahead?

CQQPlXI.gif

c2svqCyQC1CkU.gif

xTk9ZYSlG6U6lPLcOs.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Hope I wasn't the only one thinking "it's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!" when they were talking about needing a code for the shield gate.

First and second act stumbled here and there, you can tell they had to do some shuffling with the reshoots. But once mads mikkelson died the ride really started and I was engaged the whole way through. Barely had any "movie" moments where I'm trying to predict the plot and getting annoyed at tropes, it just fucking hooked me.

Disappointed Saw went out like that but I'm glad he and his rebel cell were there. Showed a good moral ambiguity to the rebellion.

Donnie Yen was amazing every moment he was on screen. Like Maz Kanata it's another way of showing connections to the force without the limits of the Jedi/Sith dichotomy.

Ballsy as fuck to kill everyone. When K2SO bit it I figured we'd still have some survivors but holy shit. That last scene with Krennick seeing his own weapon about to kill him was excellent.

Couple references to the Rebels series which I enjoyed.

Glad they referenced the Journal of the Whills. That's some super deep fan service.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and MadDog
Who needs character development when the CGI is top notch, am i right?

This poll also needs a 'thumbs sideways' option. The movie wasn't bad, but Gareth Edwards has let me down a bit in two of my most favorite franchises now. His decisions aren't good and he takes more shortcuts than Christopher Nolan.

There were serious moments where the characters motivations to do what they do made no sense.

And that Datacore? Hot swappable hard drives as the primary component of the storage array? Really?

Also, wtf happened when Jin Erso said 'This is a rebellion, isn't it? I Rebel' in the original trailer... I'd like to see the original cut, before Disney said 'Change this'

However, the final battle was spectacular, even if I'm not buying a Hammerhead corvette (not even a god damned frigate, much less a cruiser, but a tiny ass corvette) being able to push a star destroyer around like that. Then again, Return of the Jedi saw a Super Star Destroyer crash into the death star because it's bridge got taken out by a kamikazee... No redundancy in control systems? Really?

I'm not sure why everyone is saying K2SO's lines were needed comic relief. A lot of his stuff just felt flat and ackward.

Lastly. The way the Darth Vader kicks ass scene was hyped before hand, I expected so much more than the Dark Lord taking out simple flight crew in a 10 meter long tunnel. I was hoping for some serious Sith awesomeness. I know he's not as mobile as he was when he was anniken, and his battle methods had to be seriously modified because of his armor, but I was hoping for something like what we saw from Battfleck, not just a saber wielding juggernaut shooting nearly dead fish in a barrel.

It was like seeing an Elite dragon pwn a raid of level 1 noobs.

But it was pretty.

Also, if you have a Death Star, and want to take out a base, why the fuck do you shoot your laser 15 kilometers beyond the base with hopes the blast wave will do the job for you, when you can just, you know, blast the fucking base directly?

Also, if you have a Death Star, and want to take out a base, why the fuck do you shoot your laser 15 kilometers beyond the base with hopes the blast wave will do the job for you, when you can just, you know, blast the fucking base directly?

Maybe they don't quite have he aiming down yet

the real reason is rule of cool because we wanted that shot of them watching the explosion race toward them

but I can handwave it away by assuming the firing controller was showing off with a bank shot. "ten bucks says I can take the place out from 50 miles off shore AND knock out the dish"

It was good. Not fantastic, but good. Better than 1-3, but not as good as 4-7. Glad I saw it, and the CGI was pretty good. Sometimes I could really tell, but others not as much. So I guess a thumbs up but not raving about it.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
Expecting "character development" in a fucking Star Wars movie.

:case:

C'mon dude. It's got evil dad/good son. Brother-sister kissing and subliminal pervert sexual tension. All that shit.

Oh, y'all are talking about New Star Wars. Lol @ CGI. If I wanted to watch a video game I'd go in the living room when the kids are over for free.

"Oh, it was so good I couldn't tell sometimes", you say.

I dropped acid before I saw Aliens3 too, I say. Good times, good times.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Lambie
C'mon dude. It's got evil dad/good son. Brother-sister kissing and subliminal pervert sexual tension. All that shit.

Oh, y'all are talking about New Star Wars. Lol @ CGI. If I wanted to watch a video game I'd go in the living room when the kids are over for free.

"Oh, it was so good I couldn't tell sometimes", you say.

I dropped acid before I saw Aliens3 too, I say. Good times, good times.

Don't get me wrong. I love me some Star Wars. But I'm not gonna go in to it thinking that it's some sort of intellectual masterpiece. It's fucking Star Wars. And I'm fine with the fucking CGI. Bring that shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes