Roger Clemens and Johnny Damon on steroids?

they might as well legalize it in sports if those doing it are willing to accept the consequences of shriveled twig and berries

Notice how homeruns are down now they've started more random steroid test. I think they should just start a mutant league of sports and the atheletes can take any drug they want as long as they sign medical waivers saying they take responsibility and they are dumbasses.

Obesity and smoking kills thousand percent more people a year but they are going after steroids. Bryan Gumble did a great report on steroids on some HBo news story last month. They proved that most of the steroid scare is BS and it's just easy news. You have to take an obscene amount to get the short term fatilty's you keep hearing preached and how most of the statitics have no studies to back them up. Yes steroids do damage but almost anything taken well in excess will too. Testerone therapy in older guys, 40s+, isn't a bad thing if monitored by a doctor.

b_sinning said:
Notice how homeruns are down now they've started more random steroid test. I think they should just start a mutant league of sports and the atheletes can take any drug they want as long as they sign medical waivers saying they take responsibility and they are dumbasses.

Obesity and smoking kills thousand percent more people a year but they are going after steroids. Bryan Gumble did a great report on steroids on some HBo news story last month. They proved that most of the steroid scare is BS and it's just easy news. You have to take an obscene amount to get the short term fatilty's you keep hearing preached and how most of the statitics have no studies to back them up. Yes steroids do damage but almost anything taken well in excess will too. Testerone therapy in older guys, 40s+, isn't a bad thing if monitored by a doctor.
Yeah, I did a lot of reading on the stuff years ago and came up with the same conclusions. Most of the REAL problems caused by steroids are getting damaged or tampered goods, common with most illegal drugs.

Heck, Arnold used them - and I don't think he's suffered much from those, mostly suffering from the high-protein 8,000 calorie a day diets.

Testosterone therapy is still a pretty new thing, hard to convince many doctors that it might be necessary - but there are a lot of guys out there suffering from deficiency due to age, or cancer that could really use the supplements to 'bring them back'. What is considered a 'normal' level, or within normal range may be low for certain people, not something that can be set in stone.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah, I did a lot of reading on the stuff years ago and came up with the same conclusions. Most of the REAL problems caused by steroids are getting damaged or tampered goods, common with most illegal drugs.

Heck, Arnold used them - and I don't think he's suffered much from those, mostly suffering from the high-protein 8,000 calorie a day diets.

Testosterone therapy is still a pretty new thing, hard to convince many doctors that it might be necessary - but there are a lot of guys out there suffering from deficiency due to age, or cancer that could really use the supplements to 'bring them back'. What is considered a 'normal' level, or within normal range may be low for certain people, not something that can be set in stone.

Arnold has some serious heart problems a few years back. He did a huge amount of roids back in the day but also led a pretty serious lifestyle back then.

Professional bodybuilding at todays standards is getting very very unhealthy. They do massive crash diets and dry out to almost fatal levels for competitions. It's pretty common for those guys to have to be admited for rehydration after a compertition and them gain 20+lbs in the 2 weeks following a serious show. There has been a movement started to cut back on a lot of this. Most of the problems are not roid related but the overall drastic steps they take. You lose 30lbs in two weeks like they can do sometimes and it's going to play hell with your health no matter who you are.

Testosterone therapy and Growth Hormone Therapy can really help some sick and defienect people if it doesn't get screwed by the roid craze.

Some police departments has started steroid testing. I'm not a big fan on cops I think they do a very dangerious job. They will never have the firepower of the common crook at least let them be in better shape to confront them.

b_sinning said:
Professional bodybuilding at todays standards is getting very very unhealthy. They do massive crash diets and dry out to almost fatal levels for competitions. It's pretty common for those guys to have to be admited for rehydration after a compertition and them gain 20+lbs in the 2 weeks following a serious show. There has been a movement started to cut back on a lot of this. Most of the problems are not roid related but the overall drastic steps they take. You lose 30lbs in two weeks like they can do sometimes and it's going to play hell with your health no matter who you are.
Yep, lots of those guys gain 50-70lbs altogether in the off season, I think that all the supplement ads are hilarious showing the 'before' and 'after' shots when it's just the difference between that guys off season, and his competition shot :fly:

ChikkenNoodul said:
And the stuff that they inject to make their veins bigger and 'pop out' more can't be all that great for you either

Synthenol is some fucked up shit. It's an oil with an irritant in it they inject in to muscles and it stays there for a few weeks and it puffs them up. But it's pretty obvious at real competitions.

Someone is going to whack Canseco eventally for starting a lot of this crap to sell books.

A lot of the serious powerful roids mess up your sex drive and make it so you don't get hard. Due to shrunken nads and enlarged prostate. And if you aren't careful and take lots of anti-estrogens you can get bad bitch tits.

A lot of that can be prevented with taking stuff properily but the people that are desperate enough to take them aren't always the smartest people. Go figure.

b_sinning said:
Someone is going to whack Canseco eventally for starting a lot of this crap to sell books.

A lot of the serious powerful roids mess up your sex drive and make it so you don't get hard. Due to shrunken nads and enlarged prostate. And if you aren't careful and take lots of anti-estrogens you can get bad bitch tits.

A lot of that can be prevented with taking stuff properily but the people that are desperate enough to take them aren't always the smartest people. Go figure.
you take em?

fly said:
you take em?

Nope. Never have. I spent the first half of my 20s taking ever drug I could find so I've been trying to get healthy the second half to make up for it some. My job and life can be stressful so I decided I needed to do something to help me vent some. So I took up weight lifting as a hobby and do lots of reading on it. Steroids is a huge thing in bodybuilding so I've learned alot about them. Actually I've been progressing faster and easier lately and I'd feel like I was cheating and didn't earn it if I took them now. I'm getting in shape for me and it's nice knowing I did it by willpower and a lot of work.

I ran into an ex-girlfriend the other day and the guy she married, the guy that broke us up. I always disliked him. I got into an elevator with them and they didn't recognize me at all and I caught her checking me out. I said hey and told them who I was. They were very suprised. I looking nothing like I did then. I stared him right in the eyes and gave him a big smile like you give a kid and he stepped behind her and tried to avoid eye contact. I almost did the Tim Allen man grunting as I got off the elevator. Things like that keep me going back to the gym too.