Roe v Wade was terrible decision

Yes he said that overturning it would be "a surrender to political pressure...". I prefer Alexander Hamilton though (go NY!)

The judiciary... may truly be said to have neither FORCE nor WILL, but merely judgment.
Fed 78

It seems that acknowledging political pressure (or politics at all) would color any decision. It makes it a with or against issue.

In terms of his other opinions it is a suspect statement (esp as a constructionist) though. For example; joining in the terrible dissent on Heller v District of Columbia. Which in a roundabout way would be agreeing with United States v. Cruikshank which upheld a pro Klu Klux Klan law :p

Can you explain to be ZRH why abortion is a federal issue?

Most people would say incorporation (Also a 14th amendment issue), Gitlow v. New York and so on.

I would be more inclined to say it is a 9th amendment issue. That way it is neither federal nor state, just that it is held in reserve by the people.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Edit: Clarity

Last edited:
My attention span did not process this whole thread, but I'd like to say I am glad that the right is out there.

Ahhhh butter teeth.

crest.jpg

Cosmetic yo. Fat is the only thing that's hard to fix.

Wouldnt it have been wiser to adopt the district court ruling that the 9th Amendment's (The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.) reservation of rights to the people is broad enough to include abortion?

if you made the law that pliable then assisted suicide would be legal which I think should be permissible anyway in a "free country"

certain rights is far too vague however